The Sony Pictures Leak F**kery Thread

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've long said this. Sony could be running the world. However, this the reality

Three different cameras, three wildly different camera storage cards. No form of synergy whatsoever. Dumb shyt.
Word! They ruined blu ray too and nobody even uses any kind of CD storage, They're still making camcorders long after Panasonic (!) pared their division down. They used to have the best TV's out, not true anymore on that front either.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Word! They ruined blu ray too and nobody even uses any kind of CD storage, They're still making camcorders long after Panasonic (!) pared their division down. They used to have the best TV's out, not true anymore on that front either.

explain breh?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
They used to have the best TV's out, not true anymore on that front either.

Actually, Sony TVs are STILL extremely good. The problem was that no one was paying the premium for them anymore with the rise of Samsung. If you wanted a Plasma, you got a Panasonic. LCD and other flats were Sony and Samsung. But who 's going to pay 500 to 1000 more for an equivalent Sony TV when you can get a Sammy and get close to similar quality?

Now, esp with the 4Ks, Sony has the best Ultra HD displays bar none. The price differences aren't as ignorant anymore either, but they had no choice. Xperia phones are GREAT, but they aren't sold en masse like they should. The Sony electronics are still great but the premiums they commanded in the past are dead.

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
I've long said this. Sony could be running the world. However, this the reality

Three different cameras, three wildly different camera storage cards. No form of synergy whatsoever. Dumb shyt.

This is true. The position Apple is in right now should have been Sony's. Steve Job's was a a huge Sony stan and often traveled to Japan to visit their headquarters. He pretty much used Sony's design philosophy for their products (premium build, proprietary formats). He even wanted the original Sony VAIO to run OSX, that's how much he loved Sony products. The guy running the VAIO division said no, and Apple...well, you know the rest.

Howard Stringer pretty much ruined Sony, and Kaz Hirai has the unfortunate task of trying to fix it.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Even though this is just the Movie studio hack, i wonder if they got any emails dealing with PS4 and the removal of the camera and price point after MS did their XB1 reveal:pachaha:

The PS4 price was decided in advance of the XB1 reveal. The decision to remove the camera was way in advance of the XB1 reveal as well.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Actually, Sony TVs are STILL extremely good. The problem was that no one was paying the premium for them anymore with the rise of Samsung. If you wanted a Plasma, you got a Panasonic. LCD and other flats were Sony and Samsung. But who 's going to pay 500 to 1000 more for an equivalent Sony TV when you can get a Sammy and get close to similar quality?

Now, esp with the 4Ks, Sony has the best Ultra HD displays bar none. The price differences aren't as ignorant anymore either, but they had no choice. Xperia phones are GREAT, but they aren't sold en masse like they should. The Sony electronics are still great but the premiums they commanded in the past are dead.

4K blu-ray coming 2015.. gonna have more capacity

it's gonna be extremely niche though.

the average person buys digital now and physical has become more niche
I have to agree with this, Sony TV's are still real good, but what do they have for more money that Samsung does not have? Hell post Plasma are their LED's even good? I'm glad you brought up the phones Rekka... The Xperia Z3 is an amazing phone...that has no marketing. So they're stuck behind HTC and Alcatel! In the 90's you weren't real if you didn't rep Sony, JVC or Goldstar/RCA As for the blu ray, I think it's too little too late, but we'll see by next year.
This is true. The position Apple is in right now should have been Sony's. Steve Job's was a a huge Sony stan and often traveled to Japan to visit their headquarters. He pretty much used Sony's design philosophy for their products (premium build, proprietary formats). He even wanted the original Sony VAIO to run OSX, that's how much he loved Sony products. The guy running the VAIO division said no, and Apple...well, you know the rest.

Howard Stringer pretty much ruined Sony, and Kaz Hirai has the unfortunate task of trying to fix it.
Real sad. Consider Apple was almost done until the ipod came out too. VAIO was overpriced and extremely expensive compared to Compaq and Dell, least they could have done was make the hard drives dual partition.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
I love that people here are hoping for some racist e-mails just to be angry and validating their outlook on life. "I'd be a top player if it wasn't for those damn whities"

:umad:

Not really - these emails are like watching clowns coming out of a clown car at the circus. Just when you think it's done - there's more fukkery.

These people say anything about anyone - guaranteed they've said some foul shyt. The social and corporate gymnastics they'll have to do to make up for it would make a pretty good film itself.

And :why:at people needing this, of all the things happening in America at the moment, to validate their outlook on life.

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
:sas1:

and now the apology

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/s...zes-for-obama-emails-not-who-i-am-1201377177/

Sony Pictures co-chairman Amy Pascal has apologized for racially insensitive remarks made by her and producer Scott Rudin about President Obama in a series of stolen emails that were published online Thursday.

“The content of my emails were insensitive and inappropriate but are not an accurate reflection of who I am,” she said in a statement, adding that “although this was a private communication that was stolen, I accept full responsibility for what I wrote and apologize to everyone who was offended.”

Buzzfeed published a story late Thursday containing personal emails in which Pascal and “The Social Network” producer Scott Rudin joked about Obama’s favorite movies, suggesting he would prefer those about African Americans.

“Would he like to finance some movies,” responded Rudin, when Pascal sought his advice on what she should say to the President at a Hollywood fundraiser.

“I doubt it. Should I ask him if he liked DJANGO?” said Pascal, with Rudin replying “12 YEARS.”

“Or the butler. Or think like a man?” continued Pascal, who is a major donor for the Democratic party and President Obama.

“Ride-along. I bet he likes Kevin Hart,” said Rudin.

Rudin apologized two hours earlier for the comments Thursday in a piece on Deadline, calling them “thoughtless and insensitive — and not funny at all.”

Pascal’s other published email exchanges with producers and Sony executives include derisive remarks about top talent such as Kevin Hart, Angelina Jolie and Adam Sandler.

:pachaha:

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Jolie getting thrown under the bus :mjlol:

It's gonna be a hot winter :eat: