"The Superwoman Syndrome And Its Affects On The Culture Of Black Women"

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Full article in the description.

TLDR
  • It basically states how making the Black woman the workhorse takes a toll on them.
  • Over 16% of AAs have a diagnosable mental illness.

This “Superwomen Syndrome” a term coined by clinical Psychologist Jazz Keyes, is a self-created persona that Black women have adopted into their sense of being that promotes managing multiple roles of a worker, a homemaker, a volunteer, a student, or other such time-intensive occupations to support their sense of independence.

Black women have been projected to be the backbone of the culture but, who helps them when they’re supporting everyone else? “Damsel in distress” never really fit the black women of today. Instead, they are the decision makers, trailblazing through our community as a beacon of fortitude.

Within 13.5 percent identifies itself as Black or African American in the United States, over 16 percent have a diagnosable mental illness according to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration; roughly estimating to 6.8 million Black Americans.
Dr. Burnett- Zeigler is a clinic doctor whose experiences and research shows the downside of Superwomen syndrome.

I AM SUPERWOMAN: The Superwoman Syndrome and it’s Affects on the Culture of Black Women | African American News & Issues

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
[Nanny]: "Honey, de white man is de ruler of everything as fur as Ah been able tuh find out. Maybe it’s some place way off in de ocean where de black man is in power, but we don’t know nothin’ but what we see. So de white man throw down de load and tell de ****** man tuh pick it up. He pick it up because he have to, but he don’t tote it. He hand it to his womenfolks. De ****** woman is de mule uh de world so fur as Ah can see." (2.44) - Their eyes were watching God by Zora Neale Hurston.

What do you think about this quote Joe?@IbucciMane!
in relation to the article you posted.

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
Because of this ideology though, many of our Queens suffer from a sense of inadequacy not because they aren’t successful, but because they aren’t “successful enough” which can lead to a series of mental health issues like depression.
:mjlol:
Never met a black woman depressed because they aren't successful or feel inadequate. only come across women bw who are depressed because they aren't married or single.

And can we stop this whole only black women go through stuff. I know a gang of successful black women who dont have to deal with the responsibilities of a successful black man.

shyt I know nikkas who cannot get themselves together financially(despite having a degree and a good job) because they are always looked at as the "man" of the house. gotta pay their mothers bills, gotta take care of their younger siblings, ON TOP of taking take of their wife and immediate family.

Lets talk about financial problems- black men who seen as successful gotta face. Most WOMEN period are looking for a made nikka or atleast a nikka who can take care of his family.

:francis:edit added
Why we dont ever discuss the college dude - who cant work an internship cause he got bills to pay, what about the dude who gotta have his younger brother move in with him cause his moms can't handle him, or the older brother thats supposed to look out for the siblings like hes their dad or what about the nikka that wants to get married but can't save up enough money cause everyone in his family is taking money out his pocket.

you know the " big money man" the "i heard he gotta good job" guy-

Last edited:

nullnullnullnull

Peace ✌🏿
Daps
I deeply sympathesize with black women in regard to this cuz I’ve heard this rhetoric many times. But how do black men concretely help them? What is the end goal of this discussion? I’m very solution oriented. I hate talking for talking’s sake

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
I deeply sympathesize with black women in regard to this cuz I’ve heard this rhetoric many times. But how do black men concretely help them? What is the end goal of this discussion? I’m very solution oriented. I hate talking for talking’s sake
Become the white man's equal socioeconomically...there's no other end goal.

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I thought this was going to be how modern media is there too pandering to Black Women

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I thought this was going to be how modern media is pandering to Black Women

Black Steph Curry

Lines are being drawn in the sand.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville, AL
Well Reggie, stands to reason that you should do your part in easing tha burden tht our women bear by striving to achieve gainful employment. :ehh:

HHHzcmk.webp

Eclipser

All Star
Daps
:mjlol:
Never met a black woman depressed because they aren't successful or feel inadequate. only come across women bw who are depressed because they aren't married or single.

And can we stop this whole only black women go through stuff. I know a gang of successful black women who dont have to deal with the responsibilities of a successful black man.

shyt I know nikkas who cannot get themselves together financially(despite having a degree and a good job) because they are always looked at as the "man" of the house. gotta pay their mothers bills, gotta take care of their younger siblings, ON TOP of taking take of their wife and immediate family.

Lets talk about financial problems- black men who seen as successful gotta face. Most WOMEN period are looking for a made nikka or atleast a nikka who can take care of his family.

:francis:edit added
Why we dont ever discuss the college dude - who cant work an internship cause he got bills to pay, what about the dude who gotta have his younger brother move in with him cause his moms can't handle him, or the older brother thats supposed to look out for the siblings like hes their dad or what about the nikka that wants to get married but can't save up enough money cause everyone in his family is taking money out his pocket.

you know the " big money man" the "i heard he gotta good job" guy-

This. I am that person in my family. Bank of Eclipser over here.

TNOT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
On a serious note I know a lot of women who feel like they have to do everything.

Start a business
Get a masters/doctorate
Advance their careers

It’s a lot. For anyone not just women.

On top of that instagram only shows the shine of the houstle and not the sacrifices. I told my wife you can’t have it all because you can’t do it all.

mag357

Superstar
Daps
They are choosing their path...
I just step out of the way...
Go 'head and be that independent badd bytch... Go 'head, get old and miserable... arguing wit every man u get...raise them kids by yourself... u go girl..
making ur son an effeminate, tight pants, blonde died hair, odell beckham looking bytch.
Yes, girl.... let ur daughter follow in ur footsteps of taking college courses, while working at the mall all day, and fukking retarded nikkaz...
So she can have babies and raise them by herself too and continue the super bytch cycle..
:salute:

KingTut

Green diamonds like a dill pickle
Daps
Reppin
TX
Well Reggie, stands to reason that you should do your part in easing tha burden tht our women bear by striving to achieve gainful employment. :ehh:

HHHzcmk.webp

Y'all gonna troll this dude with that Friday scene till the end of eternity

:dead: