The truth is, Marcus Garvey had all of the answers

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Africans are hopeless.

African Americans have no resources, no international trade partners, no legit rights this nation respects and no backup plan for the collective, bad history with no consistent traditions.

African Americans have intellectual capitol, global impact, skills while on a smaller level they have them, tools, ability and heart.

African nations have resources, lack of access, no trade partner who doesn't want to screw them, history and a strong tradition.

Marcus Garvey knew what Blacks needed. Each other. He knew we needed resources. Access to capitol. Freedom from your European colonization, intellectual capitol, global impact, skills, tools, tradition, a backup plan and a history that shows what you were and what you can be.

Where majority of Blacks are at is a bad place. While African Americans have a lot of great assets, they lack the resources, traditions, no import or export trades they control, have no control and are collectively, sitting ducks. This is how the Jews in Nazi Germany got killed. They had no backup plan as a collective. They have no one they can rely on. A trade partner who could fight for them. Resources that was Jewish, not just Germany. You see how that works.

Africans are hopeless. No one will trade right with African nations. The whites aren't giving them resources without shyt offers. The Chinese offers are much better but it's still shyt and doesn't help the collective and honestly, no collective can make money without trade partners that value you, your people and your land. Blacks will value Africa as it's a backup plan for them if business trades with the Continent was a collective thing. They don't have reason to screw African nations as they NEED them for their own protection.

You see, African/AA trade is vital to Africans. Without it, Africa will remain a small upper class, majority poor low class cluster of nations. Without resources, products and trade, Blacks are fukked. Nothing else to it. You don't own nothing, you can have all of the skills in the world but what does it mean without resources. Nothing. You are just another slave which is what every Black man or woman is in America.

We need each other but we need the collective. The collective in a business sense isn't everyone but it's a strong economic population. You need Black farmers on both sides. You need Black bankers on both sides. You need Black partnerships. You need good business deals that make sense for both parties. You need Black business schools and Black schools in general. You need to drop shifty traditional standards like bribery (African nations I am talking to you in particular) for the sake of making long term money which can help all. We have to be a team. Too many Africans don't like this mindset and same for AA but something has to give so we can progress as a race and have a shot.

As of now, Africans as a collective are hopeless and Blacks lack resources. Without each other, there really is no other way even if we do need the white supremacist to lay off of us, we need each other for numerous reasons.

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Black people are not naturally collectivistic like Asians. We actually don't work well in big groups. Maybe small ones or small countries. This is demonstrated all over the world and in every black culture. Blacks are individualistic and creative. We should embrace that tendency and use systems that work for us.

African countries suck because they are trying to be "collectivist" but failing miserably at it. It breaks down into corruption and BS. It only works for Asian countries. The governments are too heavy handed, and don't let the people do them. They micromanage. It doesn't work. Farming land is doled out to people like a communist country in Zimbabwe. It's failing badly. Caribbean countries are freer and richer. They are also smaller.

What would work better is basically a free-for-all situation. Free up everything. No taxes if you can help it. Let the people do what they do and get out of the way. Maybe set up schools all across the continent to help the process. The only restriction would be how much land foreign companies can buy. That can be abused and could be a problem. Other than that get out the way is what works for us. Look at black wall street. We did that IN the most racist country in the world lol.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Black people are not naturally collectivistic like Asians. We actually don't work well in big groups.

I would agree but I would add that Asians are collectivist within their national/ethnic group. Asian nations have the advantage that most correspond to cultures and kingdoms going back thousands of years. Also, unlike AAs and West Indians, Asians have their own language. Only Ethiopia has that advantage in the Black world but the Oromo part has only been in its borders for about 200 years. Some Black sub-groups like the Ibo, Luba, Hausa, or Mandinke work collectively as do some Caribbean groups.

Read about Chinese in the early 1900s and the biggest problem was there was no real Chinese unity due to factionalism across Chinese (language) ethnic groups. They fixed it though.

Our biggest obstacle to working with each other is too many people 'aspire' to set themselves apart. I have met too many AAs and Africans that look at each other in contempt. Black unity is seen as divisive or exclusive (though no one dares tell Asians and Jews that crap). Granted, all big changes start with a few people so that is what needs to be done.

So how to cooperate? As much as it makes my heart ache, we won't be able to help Africa on the infrastructure spending etc., the Chinese have that on lock and we don't have the free capital right now anyway. JV partnerships with small African entrepreneurs could make a huge difference since most multinationals don't mess with them and different foreign groups (Chinese, Indians, etc.) typically don't cooperate with them economically except as suppliers.

Also, I always wondered if a program to send young kids from deprived areas with bad schools to good boarding schools in places like Ghana, Nigeria, or Kenya would help build connections and raise awareness.

People gotta start small--these huge initiative gigs are hard to organize and usually fall apart.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I would agree but I would add that Asians are collectivist within their national/ethnic group. Asian nations have the advantage that most correspond to cultures and kingdoms going back thousands of years. Also, unlike AAs and West Indians, Asians have their own language. Only Ethiopia has that advantage in the Black world but the Oromo part has only been in its borders for about 200 years. Some Black sub-groups like the Ibo, Luba, Hausa, or Mandinke work collectively as do some Caribbean groups.

Read about Chinese in the early 1900s and the biggest problem was there was no real Chinese unity due to factionalism across Chinese (language) ethnic groups. They fixed it though.

Our biggest obstacle to working with each other is too many people 'aspire' to set themselves apart. I have met too many AAs and Africans that look at each other in contempt. Black unity is seen as divisive or exclusive (though no one dares tell Asians and Jews that crap). Granted, all big changes start with a few people so that is what needs to be done.

So how to cooperate? As much as it makes my heart ache, we won't be able to help Africa on the infrastructure spending etc., the Chinese have that on lock and we don't have the free capital right now anyway. JV partnerships with small African entrepreneurs could make a huge difference since most multinationals don't mess with them and different foreign groups (Chinese, Indians, etc.) typically don't cooperate with them economically except as suppliers.

Also, I always wondered if a program to send young kids from deprived areas with bad schools to good boarding schools in places like Ghana, Nigeria, or Kenya would help build connections and raise awareness.

People gotta start small--these huge initiative gigs are hard to organize and usually fall apart.
Of course it will but what happens when they come back to those deprived cities. I know what happens, I had cousins doing time for what happens. The goal should always be to end poverty in both societies while providing an easier life for those who are share the same race. Now unlike the other races, we will get resistances from the white supremacists as they are still the slave master and we are still the slaves but you have to look at this as a Nazi state, if the white Jews could do it all over again, they would have never put themselves in an isolated state which Blacks are in today. Many thought they were German. They were at the end of the day.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
if the white Jews could do it all over again, they would have never put themselves in an isolated state which Blacks are in today. Many thought they were German. They were at the end of the day.

That is true. Something like 1/4 to 1/3 of German Jews married out by the 1930s and assimilationists far outnumbered Zionists. Sometimes you are always on the out though...

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
IMO 1st Generation American children of African Immigrants are the key to bridging the gap and should be serving essentially as the Liaisons on both sides. The Issue at hand though is often times they themselves simply do not relate to their origins as Knowledge of Self is looked down on since Western Culture is seen as the Gold Standard globally as what people should want to achieve. So you have Brain Drain where these individuals instead of being the link simply get education and get good paying jobs and simply try to achieve the "American Dream" opposed to trying to build something.

They should essentially work like "The Spook who sat by the door" being that essentially they are brought up in African American Culture thus relate to African Americans AND have a direct link to specific African Societies.

Black Cobain

Donkey Punch? I Donkey Slap!
Daps
Reppin
New Afrika
As much as I wish AA's as a whole would actually have any sense of economic cooperation, i'm pretty disillusioned with trying anymore, most nikkas don't give a fukk about ethnic autonomy so i'm not gonna give a fukk about most nikkas.

I cosign with the breh @BigHustle , the best thing to do is a free-for-all, I myself am just planning on going to Ghana or maybe Jamaica or Swaziland in the far future alone. Father Garvey said this, "I do not intend to bring all Negroes back to Africa. There are some who are no good here and would do no good there."

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Garvey had the idea of doing business across the diaspora right but he was wrong about capitalism being the vehicle. Capitalism is a zero sum game and we have lost that so we have to subvert it.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps

We do not have the capital to fund development at the pace we need it, we don't have the capital to outbid non-Blacks, and we do not have the vehicles to create capital in large sum in a short amount of time. Alternative economics and developments strategies that are not tied to capitalism will have to be used.

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
Black people are not naturally collectivistic like Asians. We actually don't work well in big groups. Maybe small ones or small countries. This is demonstrated all over the world and in every black culture. Blacks are individualistic and creative. We should embrace that tendency and use systems that work for us.

African countries suck because they are trying to be "collectivist" but failing miserably at it. It breaks down into corruption and BS. It only works for Asian countries. The governments are too heavy handed, and don't let the people do them. They micromanage. It doesn't work. Farming land is doled out to people like a communist country in Zimbabwe. It's failing badly. Caribbean countries are freer and richer. They are also smaller.

What would work better is basically a free-for-all situation. Free up everything. No taxes if you can help it. Let the people do what they do and get out of the way. Maybe set up schools all across the continent to help the process. The only restriction would be how much land foreign companies can buy. That can be abused and could be a problem. Other than that get out the way is what works for us. Look at black wall street. We did that IN the most racist country in the world lol.
:stopitslime: so a human's skin color will determine if they are able to work well within a group?

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
:stopitslime: so a human's skin color will determine if they are able to work well within a group?
I don't think that was the point he was making and I'm sure you know he wasn't making that argument.
I believe he was more talking about culture.

I don't believe in his thesis, but we can be honest about what he was saying.