The View Erupts After Meghan McCain Questions Co-Host’s Catholic Beliefs

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
The View erupts after Meghan McCain questions co-host’s Catholic beliefs

pjimage-81-800x430.jpg

Sunny Hostin and Meghan McCain (ABC)

A clash broke out on “The View” after Meghan McCain questioned her co-host Sunny Hostin’s religious beliefs.

The panelists were discussing Alabama’s strict abortion ban, and McCain bristled when Hostin characterized her anti-abortion views as political.

“Meghan is pro-life more as a conservative value,” Hostin said.

“No,” McCain cut in. “I believe life begins at conception, it’s a life issue for me.”

Hostin explained that she is personally against abortion, but also favors legal access to abortion.

“For me it’s a religious value,” Hostin said. “It’s a Catholic faith tenant that abortion is murder and conception begins at life. As an attorney, I believe in the separation of church and state. There’s no way as an attorney that I can say constitutionally that I can tell you that you must believe that conception — that life begins at conception. I can’t tell you that it is wrong for you, I can’t put my religious values on anyone else.”

That’s when McCain scolded her colleague.

“How you reconcile your faith and your attendance at a Catholic Church is your personal decision,” McCain said. “Don’t present it like the Catholic Church is in agreement with what you said — they’re not.”

Host Whoopi Goldberg stepped in to point out that’s not what Hostin had said, and McCain agreed — but kept on talking.

“I know, but the idea that, if you’re a lawyer,” McCain began, and Hostin cut her off to question her pro-life credentials.

“The Catholic Church is pro-life across the board,” she told the gun-loving McCain. “They’re anti-death penalty, they’re pro-gun control, they’re pro-life. It’s across the board pro-life position.”

The View erupts after Meghan McCain questions co-host’s Catholic beliefs

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukk that fat pig

the catholic church is the most evil organization on the planet, besides the US government

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Good commentary.
Journalism in the past was just as snarky, that bullshyt neutral nonsense was never a staple in popular American journals.
I disagree

Originally journalism just wanted to report the story

Along the way it got snarky and biased

That started to fade recently but some people won’t let it die

Daps
I can’t believe any idiots watch a bunch of loud ass stupid women debating shyt like any of them has an ounce of logic in their body.

Any man looking to a woman for valuable insight on world issues is a cuck

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Doobie Doo said:
I was raised Catholic then I said fukk all that shyt when all those child touching scandals came out.

Doobie Doo said:
Nope. Touching kids is what will make me not support your organization.

Did you say 'Fukk all that shyt' to education when all those teachers got caught touching kids, too?

Do you still support schools when teachers are just as likely as the clergy to be 'kid-touchers'?
:jbhmm: