The way Prince transitioned from baritone to falsetto on this joint...

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:wow: Dude's vocal control was on some other shyt.

This is the one Prince joint that's still not on streaming services.

Bruno Bergonzi and Michele Vicin co-wrote the song "Takin' Me to Paradise", published in 1983 by Warner Chappell Italy. The session vocalist was Raynard. J, the pseudonym of Jay Rolandi. The song appeared on a number of compilations which were internationally distributed. An Italian court ruled in 2003 that Prince's 1994 hit, "The Most Beautiful Girl in the World", had plagiarized the song by the two Italian writers. Bergonzi and Vicino won on appeal in 2007. The third and final sentence, by the Court of Cassation of Rome, was given in May 2015. Italian collecting society SIAE recognizes Bergonzi and Vicino as the authors of the song's music.

Smh, nah they reached heavy with that one. Wouldn't have cut it in an American court

Daps
Reppin
St louis
The Gawd.
TUBGx2V.gif

UKVu0t8.gif

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I would always geeked hard when Prince does that shyt:wow:

Its like a split personality with the vocals. The high notes let the jawn know how much she needs to get with Prince, the low bass tone "GOTCHA bytch":banderas:

I miss Prince brehs:mjcry:

Same here on the bolded, and definitely the rest of your post. That man could run through the scale of low to high notes as easy as breathing. He did the damn thing on Insatiable.

Glad to see the estate releasing some more of his music on record and disc.

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Prince never fell off. I was hoping to see him live around the time of his death:mjcry:

I had tickets to his last ever show in my cart ready to pull the trigger. I asked my wife if she wanted to go and she was kind of lukewarm, and i didn't want to spend almost 450 on two tickets if she was gonna be ambivalent. I just said "ill catch him next time" :beli:

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
1st cd I ever bought back in the early 90's was Thieves in The Temple maxi-single, I remember when the music video dropped and they played the extended version I was glued to the tv. I had to have that version of the song, and Graffiti Bridge soundtrack only had the regular version. I still have that disc in my cd collection. After that I started collecting all the maxi-single cd's that Prince put out, hardest ones to find at the time was Let's Go Crazy (Extended) and Alexa De Paris.

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
The one song where he really goes from falsetto to baritone back is "Daddy Pop"

This is Prince doing his best call and response like Sly & The Family Stone would do back in the day.

His baritone is just like one of his heroes, Larry Graham.

Rosie Gaines with the background vocals.