The Wizards haven't beaten the Spurs in San Antonio since 1999: UPDATE - Streak broken on 1/30/23

Will the streak be broken?

• Total voters

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Even with the Spurs sitting near the bottom of the Western Conference, another streak looms large over the Bullets. It's that the Bullets have NOT WON IN SAN ANTONIO SINCE THE 1999-2000 SEASON. :dead:

The Bullets never have won at AT&T Center... that last win was at the AlamoDome! :mjlol:

Last Bullets win in San Antonio, Mitch Richmond had 31 points, Rod Strickland had 7 assists, and Tracey Murray dropped 15 off the bench to give the Bullets a 10 point win over the defending NBA Champion Spurs. Look at the box score: Wizards vs. Spurs, 99-89, Box Score - 2000 Regular Season.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I remember watching that game.

I think they've won once in San Antonio in like 35 years.

edit: looking at it, the Bullets/Wizards actually won a few times in San Antonio against the Spurs in the 90s. Even with prime Admiral.

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Eh...they only play there once a year and the Spurs were perennial Finals contenders while the Wiz are always in the lottery
Yes but even still. You’d think in a long slog of seasons, they’d hunt one W. Esp with Arenas scoring so many points.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
What's a Bullet to a cannon?

9bce7c8a-3ce1-4df5-8afb-c17cabf9f4ea-large16x9_Alamocannon.JPG

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
OP you think Wizards win tonight?

Odds makers have them favored by 3

Which is weird I'm pretty sure Vegas knows the

Matchup history in San Antonio

I wanna say they do but I saw the Vegas line and made the thread cause I was like :hubie:

And plus the Spurs have played a lot of close games and lost them at the end. The Wizards are a good clutch team so far... and deeper so, we'll see.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mississauga
I think the hawks had a similar thing in San antonio(I bet I wrong tho, maybe it was just when bud was coach he couldn't win there)

But yeah the streak ends tonight

AND BY STREAK, I MEAN THE SPURS MISSING THE PLAYOFFS STREAK OFFICIALLY ENDS TONIGHT. TIME TO MAKE THAT PLAYOFF PUSH

THE REVOLUTION. WILL BE TELEVISED.
SlowFastAmericancrayfish-small.gif

No..Money..Mo..Problems

it is what it is
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
I wanna say they do but I saw the Vegas line and made the thread cause I was like :hubie:

And plus the Spurs have played a lot of close games and lost them at the end. The Wizards are a good clutch team so far... and deeper so, we'll see.

It feels like Vegas tryna trick people into thinking Spurs will lose this game. Spurs are decent at home and with that kind of history in this game it's like there tryna make people second guess why would Vegas give me plus money to bet the Spurs

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
It feels like Vegas tryna trick people into thinking Spurs will lose this game. Spurs are decent at home and with that kind of history in this game it's like there tryna make people second guess why would Vegas give me plus money to bet the Spurs
Yup

Spurs have had double digit leads in 9 of their 18 games.

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
A team can’t possibly just never win a road game in 20+ years without luck finally swinging their way eventually. Especially when they’re off to their best start in forever. The streak has to end. With that said, Wiz are on a road trip and just won back to back nights and only one day off before this game which leads me to believe it will be a letdown game :skip:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
They'll win this one tonight cause if I had to list the 20 worst players in the nba I got Eubanks, Forbes, and KBD on that list...all getting 20 minutes a game for the spurs...

Derrick White has been atrocious this year to