Religion/Spirituality Theism Discussion (Abrahamic Religions, Religious Philosophy, etc.)

Hip-Hop-Bulls

All Star
Daps
Moderator Note: Given the high volume of religious discussion that occurs in HL, this thread shall be the official thread for such discussion. The objective of said thread, is to prevent spamming in HL and to create a library of these discussion. It is essentially in the same vein as the "random jewels for dealing with women thread in TLR." That means substantive discussion, musings and just individuals personal religious journeys should be documented in here. This does not mean that every religious thread will be merged into this thread, but the moderators reserve the right to do so. Rehashed questions and threads intended to troll are especially susceptible to being included in this thread, locked, or deleted. Thank you.

At the request of - Real Talk of NY.

I'll start off by saying this. I find it wild and uncivilized to see some christians call out Islam to be this big bad religion when they have little to no knowledge of their own religion. What's yall beef? Have we not proven 9/11 was done by Israel, and the Christian US gov? Here's a chart comparing the 2.

Islam: Christianity:

One God ------ One god(supposedly)
Prays to god ------- Prays to god(supposedly)
Believes god is righteous ------ Believes god is righteous
Practice Rituals -------- Practice Rituals
Have a place of worship ------ Have a place of worship

what's the differences?

Women are covered ------- Women dress however
Don't eat pork ------ Eat Pork
Are high on education ------ Rather party than study
Fast ---------No fast

Which one is the wicked one again?

So what's causing the hatred between the 2?

Ignorance-------Ignorance

And the governments taking advantage of the situation loves ignorance

So what's the beef? :yeshrug:

wize fool

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What it boils down to is just what you said: Ignorance.

It's particularly disturbing coming from the Muslim camp. Muslims should know better and understand the role of Christianity in Islam. Our Christian brothers are NOT the kufar. In the Qur'an they are differentiated between non-believers. They are called the People of the Book. And it was the Christians of Abyssinia that gave refuge to the Muslims when they faced persecution in Mecca.

Qur'an 2:62 said:
Those who believe (in the Qur'an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the Sabians,- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

Qur'an 5:69 said:
Those who believe (in the Qur'an), those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Sabians and the Christians,- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness,- on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

Qur'an 5:82 said:
Strongest among men in enmity to the believers wilt thou find the Jews and Pagans; and nearest among them in love to the believers wilt thou find those who say, "We are Christians": because amongst these are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world, and they are not arrogant.

Hip-Hop-Bulls

All Star
Daps
"For god is not the author of confusion(ignorance) but of peace."

1 Cor 14:33

:yes:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Wow, not to play Cap'n Save a Savior but that was a lot of generalizing I just read. the Orthodox church is different from the Catholics who are different from the Lutherans and Baptists whatever whatever, point is that religion is used incorrectly in the modern day. I won't say it serves no purpose but people using it all wrong tho. It should be nothing more than how to treat yourself, your family, and your fellow man. Rewards of heaven or hell should be secondary to the good you do in order to get that "reward".

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

what's the differences?

Fast ---------No fast

unless your a girl

in which case your father will watch you burn in a school because you cant leave it without being covered

:gag:

Schmoove

All Star
Daps

I'll start off by saying this. I find it wild and uncivilized to see some christians call out Islam to be this big bad religion when they have little to no knowledge of their own religion. What's yall beef? Have we not proven 9/11 was done by Israel, and the Christian US gov? Here's a chart comparing the 2.

what's the differences?

Fast ---------No fast

WRONG.

Catholics and Methodists fast. :skip:

Any other generalizations breh? :usure:

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus

what's the differences?

Fast ---------No fast

i saw the title and was like "ah fuk here we go" but i was going to try to stay out of it...

sadly you really over generalized shyt. Not even kinda, but like a lot.
About the only thing you got right was what causes the hatred between the two, ignorance, yet ironically you highlight that very point in the rest of your post by grossly over generalizing just about everything.

...especially the education part... i mean come on son. Compare people who can study ANYTHING to people who are specifically not allowed to learn shyt by religion and Islam is gonna take the cake on that.

Either way both religions have been all but taken over by people who want to use that power.

That doesn't mean the religions themselves are bad, just those who manipulate them.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Believing in the teachings of christ are Goat. Much respect to anyone who believes in the creator of all things and acknowledges the gifts bestowed upon us in the form of life, love and friends. Despite our differences we have a common bond and enemy which are the demons among us that seek to drag us into their pit of filth by converting the good within us into something demonic for our spheres of influence to be poisoned by.

Ultimately, on the last day the devil will pay for what he has brought into the world and friends will be brought into the fold of Gods clique. Hopefully, you non-believers will find your way and make it to the parade with us. The devil does not like you. He never liked you. He is corrupting you to make you unworthy of God out of his spite for being rejected. Good luck, friends.

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
i saw the title and was like "ah fuk here we go" but i was going to try to stay out of it...

sadly you really over generalized shyt. Not even kinda, but like a lot.
About the only thing you got right was what causes the hatred between the two, ignorance, yet ironically you highlight that very point in the rest of your post by grossly over generalizing just about everything.

...especially the education part... i mean come on son. Compare people who can study ANYTHING to people who are specifically not allowed to learn shyt by religion and Islam is gonna take the cake on that.

Either way both religions have been all but taken over by people who want to use that power.

That doesn't mean the religions themselves are bad, just those who manipulate them.

Obtaining knowledge and education is a cornerstone of Islam, the prophet said even if u have to go to china TO increase ur knowledge u should.

wize fool

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Obtaining knowledge and education is a cornerstone of Islam, the prophet said even if u have to go to china TO increase ur knowledge u should.

Yeah I didn't get that either. Islam forbids people from learning? Where do people come up with this stuff? Why speak on a subject if you know nothing about it?