There are too many 808/Electronic beats used now a days

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
Y'all haven't touched on the bigger issue - the way people party has changed drastically in 10 years. Clubs make the majority of their money on bottle service, NOT admission and drinks at the bar like it used to be.

For those of us who are a little older, remember going to clubs when "Nothin" came out? You would leave that muhfukka SWEATIN. People really came to dance and meet their potential new girlfriend/boyfriend or freak. Maybe a fight would break out because stuff got too rowdy but that's a different story.

As of now....when you're sitting in the VIP drinking vastly-overpriced liquor with dull Instagram chicks, the last thing you want is some dancefloor heater. It just isn't that vibe anymore. No one's trying to spill drinks.

Your idea banger should get people moving, but at a slow enough pace so that ol girl can hold her drink and do her mini-twerk, while nikkas watch with their phones out.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
There's nothing wrong with electronic beats. Hip hop music shouldn't just be confined to sample based music.

The problem is these trap style beats are so fukking redundant and repetitive. You compare the shyt Shawty Redd was doing for Jeezy 10 years ago to the throw away garbage cats are putting out now and it's night and day. There's no craft to it. Literally everyone can download some off brand producer kit and be knocking out faux-Zaytoven beats in a couple of minutes. There's just no quality control and now everyone is a producer.

I like what Mike Will Made It and 40 have done in recent years but there's far too many fisherprice producers clogging up the market. We need more actual MUSICIANS in this shyt. We need a modern day equivalent of DJ Quik.

Flav

Where the dice game at?
Daps
All this new music technology and thats the kind of beats we get.

:snoop:

You would think with all this new music tech coming out rap music would sound better than ever but it sounds like beats makers are getting dumber with the newer tech coming out.

Yaaay another rapper making his voice stutter in a song

Yaaaay another 808 filled beat that sounds like a cheap ass 3 note horror movie

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
There's nothing wrong with electronic beats. Hip hop music shouldn't just be confined to sample based music.

True. Hip hop is best when there are a multitude of styles and grooves. Nobody really cares how you make a beat as long as it sounds great at the end of the day.

The problem is these trap style beats are so fukking redundant and repetitive. You compare the shyt Shawty Redd was doing for Jeezy 10 years ago to the throw away garbage cats are putting out now and it's night and day.

Not really. The shyt was trash then. I hate to say it, but I think Mike Will has made more bangers than Shawty Redd ever did. I give Redd credit for having a sound I simply hadn't heard before. But it was a trash, stiff and extremely microwave sound that has led to the bullshyt we now have today.