Think and grow rich

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The books all feel the same to me.

IF you have a good head on your shoulders you've been applying a lot of the methods in your life already, you should have learned most of it by kindergarten.

:manny:

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Basically there's some good things you can take away from it and some things that belong in the bushes.

The thing I agree with the most is the focus the book places on people being determined and committed to being rich.

Most people are not fit to be rich. Not necessarily because they lack the intelligence for it. Plenty of rich people have employees or junior parters who are much smarter than them. The fact is that most people don't want to be rich deep down in their heart of hearts. Sure, they fantasize about it every now and then. They're window shopping and see some nice gear and think to themselves "boy I wish I was rich, I would buy that immediately." Then the bus comes and all thoughts of being rich vanish. That's how 99% of the people are, and that's why 99% of the people will never be rich. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Those that will be rich however, are far different. To be rich, you must be committed to it. You have to seek it. Covet it. With no hesitation or reservation. You must think of it above all else. Work yourself into a blind,white hot, single-minded, obssessive passion. You eat, breathe and sleep being rich. Devote your entire existence to it.

Think about all the people you know: how many of them are really like that? None, I'd bet. But the Bill Gates of the world, the Steve Jobs, Rockefellers, Henry Fords, Andrew Carnegies etc. they are exactly like that.

I'd say that's the most important 'asset' in the quest to riches, more than education, race, intelligence, upbringing, initial capital etc.

dude, if you came up with that all by urself, u are one smart mutherfuccker. and i dont think i've ever said that to anyone on this forum.

good sh1t!

jalamanta

GOAT
Daps
Basically there's some good things you can take away from it and some things that belong in the bushes.

The thing I agree with the most is the focus the book places on people being determined and committed to being rich.

Most people are not fit to be rich. Not necessarily because they lack the intelligence for it. Plenty of rich people have employees or junior parters who are much smarter than them. The fact is that most people don't want to be rich deep down in their heart of hearts. Sure, they fantasize about it every now and then. They're window shopping and see some nice gear and think to themselves "boy I wish I was rich, I would buy that immediately." Then the bus comes and all thoughts of being rich vanish. That's how 99% of the people are, and that's why 99% of the people will never be rich. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Those that will be rich however, are far different. To be rich, you must be committed to it. You have to seek it. Covet it. With no hesitation or reservation. You must think of it above all else. Work yourself into a blind,white hot, single-minded, obssessive passion. You eat, breathe and sleep being rich. Devote your entire existence to it.

Think about all the people you know: how many of them are really like that? None, I'd bet. But the Bill Gates of the world, the Steve Jobs, Rockefellers, Henry Fords, Andrew Carnegies etc. they are exactly like that.

I'd say that's the most important 'asset' in the quest to riches, more than education, race, intelligence, upbringing, initial capital etc.

:what: none of these people became rich because they wanted to be rich :comeon:

if you do not have a passion for your job and do not want to be the best at it you may as well forget about money

money always comes second

Spin

All Star
Daps
sounds like more borrowing from the Kybalion, like the Secret

:what: none of these people became rich because they wanted to be rich :comeon:

if you do not have a passion for your job and do not want to be the best at it you may as well forget about money

money always comes second

Yes most of these "self-help" books seem to take bits and pieces from texts much older.

Having a passion for something hits it right on the head. The difference is being able to stick with something even when you don't get immediate results. In today's culture, we're so used to instant gratification(myself included). Damn near anything can be found on the internet in a minute. One of the main points of the Bhagavad Gita is to work without attachment to results. That includes both good and bad. Do it because you have a passion for it, not because of what it's going to bring.

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
The Little Engine That Could - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

of course rich people think differently, it's not magic though. Bottom line is you gotta put in the work and make being rich the focus of your life...for a time at least. IMHO it's not worth it :manny: thats just me though. YOu give to much of yourself to the idea that being rich is the penultimate achievement in life. IMHO in doing so you stand a higher chance of missing out on many of the simple joys of life. The pursuit of "having shyt" lends itself to selfishness in far to many cases. BUT if you can seek wealth and maintain your "humanity" or compassion, or humanity, or whatever you may call it then more power to you.

Ill-Mind

Midwest Moonwalker
Daps
It's a good book, but The Law of Success is much better

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Because I fux wit HL, I'm a drop some jewels one of my "close" relatives passed on to me.
-The people who you associate with, are a direct representation of you.

If you kick with bummy and broke people, chances are you're broke and bummy. If you kick it around people who's primary focus is getting money, then you'll get money. If you "kick" it around millionaires, then you'll become a millionaire. If millionaires all have side businesses and investments, then you should have side businesses and investments.

-Never buy anything that won't go up in value over time

For example, stay away from new model cars, that lose value over time. Rich people look for ways to increase value over time.

-Develop expensive habits...

Developing expensive habit, such drinking champagne only a regular basis, encourages, individuals to work even harder for certain things, aka look for more revenue...
There's one more thing, but I can't think of it ATM....

the artist known az

Hail the victors
Daps
Reppin
TSC FA' Life #ByrdGang
Just finished reading the 1st chapter. I didn't read The Secret but I don't get much vibes of that in this book. It's not really wishing something into existence, but focusing your train of thought and energy to becoming successful.

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
I picked it up today. Only about 50 pages in but the strongest point I've gotten so far even more than focusing and being goal orientated it that you can't wait for opportunity. You have to go out andfind opportunity.

It seems like it has a lot of truth in it so far.