This chick who goes to my university just scored the goal of the year

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Literally everyone in soccer calls that a bicycle kick. You could also call it an overhead kick but its still a type of bicycle kick.
Naa bro it’s 2 different things, trust me I grew up on football

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Naa bro it’s 2 different things, trust me I grew up on football

Nah, some people might have tried to make a distinction at one time but they were ignored. All overhead kicks are now referred to as bicycle kicks as well:

A bicycle kick is a method of striking the ball in football which involves a player being airborne while connecting. Also known as an overhead kick

overhead kick

Also known as the bicycle kick due to the cycling movement involved. As the body falls back into a horizontal position, the ball is hooked over the head.

overhead kick
noun [ C ]

bicycle kick

The bicycle kick, when executed correctly, is one of the most spectacular sights to be seen on a football field. Also known as a scissors kick or an overhead kick, it describes the action whereby a player with his back to goal kicks an airborne ball backward.

The bicycle kick is known in English by three names: bicycle kick, overhead kick, and scissors kick. The term "bicycle kick" describes the action of the legs while the body is in mid-air, resembling the pedalling of a bicycle.[3] The manoeuvre is also called an "overhead kick", which refers to the ball being kicked above the head,

An overhead kick is a specific type of bicycle kick in which the players body is vertical to the ground, in other words at right angles to the ground- so at contact point the player is nearly upside down. There are other bicycle kicks where the player’s body orientation maybe horizontal to the ground or sideways at the point of contact

An overhead kick, also known as a bicycle kick,

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So no one's gonna mention how number 11 got put on the Summer Jam screen and can never show her face on a soccer field ever again? This is like in the NBA doing the most nasty of crossovers and then finishing it with a vicious 360 windmill dunk.

Number 11 should be forced to retire. Judging from her body language, she knows it too. :lolbron:

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
So no one's gonna mention how number 11 got put on the Summer Jam screen and can never show her face on a soccer field ever again? This is like in the NBA doing the most nasty of crossovers and then finishing it with a vicious 360 windmill dunk.

Number 11 should be forced to retire. Judging from her body language, she knows it too. :lolbron:
Number 11 embarrassed herself