This discussion must be had. Does LBJ have the same killer instinct/mentality of MJ/Kobe?

Is Bron an ice cold killer like MJ and Kobe?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Archangel

Banned
Daps
Was going back and forth with my brethren on here and they disagree with me mightily.

I do not believe that LBJ is mentally dominant like MJ or Kobe. I think MJ and Kobe were ice cold killers on the court whereas LeBron is just as dominant but he doesn't strike that fear in you that those 2 did.

For the record I believe LBJ>>>Kobe
MJ>>>>>everybody

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
What does killer instinct even mean

If he makes the right pass out of a double team does he lack killer instinct because Kobe would rather shoot an inefficient shot over 3 ppl.

Just seems like a random buzzword to separate greats when not really necessary. You need extreme mental toughness to be a top 5 player all time

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
What does killer instinct even mean

If he makes the right pass out of a double team does he lack killer instinct because Kobe would rather shoot over 3 ppl

Just seems like a random buzzword to separate greats when not really necessary. You need extreme mental toughness to be a top 5 player all time
It's nothing but an ESPN driven narrative entirely built off rhetoric and hyperbole with a few highlights thrown in that include Kobe frowning.

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's absolutely mentally dominant. To face the pressure he's faced and still be able to dominate and win rings, no amount of physical talent can accomplish that without the mental part being there.

Is he an ice cold killer? No, because when we use the phrase "ice cold killer" to describe Jordan and Kobe what we're really talking about is their scumbag nature. Bron doesn't have it in him to be the villain like they did, even though Jordan was never the villain and Kobe was only the villain for a short period of time for off court shyt. In that sense Westbrook is far more like Jordan and Kobe, he doesn't care if opponents like him, or even his teammates it seems. Which definitely has to make him polarizing in his personal life, but I'm sure the people who love him really love him for that.

MyApps

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I think that he found out that a killer instinct was needed to beat GSW in the finals down 3-1 and ultimately win a title for Cleveland. Now whether he maintains this killer instinct for future finals series is up for grabs.

360Waves

2 girls and they get along like I'm Lou Will
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Because a player would rather make the right basketball play instead of attempting a fadeaway over 4 defenders because it makes the Coli virgins wet, does not mean that player lacks "killer instinct." "Killer instinct" is really just synonymous for ballhogging dumbass. LeBron has been doing it his way and has won HIS way so who fukking cares?

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Because a player would rather make the right basketball play instead of attempting a fadeaway over 4 defenders because it makes the Coli virgins wet, does not mean that player lacks "killer instinct." "Killer instinct" is really just synonymous for ballhogging dumbass. LeBron has been doing it his way and has won HIS way so who fukking cares?
:ehh:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Yes he does all greats do some of y'all just see it through blurry glasses.

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
Jordan had the best killer instinct and made the right play (basketball iq / shot selection) every time.

Kobe has the killer instinct but, doesn't always make the right play. For example, if his team is down 25 points, his killer instinct will force him to jack up 20 shots and they'll win. Can't argue with 5 rings and 7 finals appearances. But not being as smart with the ball makes him inefficient at times. 2004 Finals for reference.

Lebron doesn't have the killer instinct but, does make the right play. For example, if his team is down 25 points, Lebron shuts down. I've seen it too many times. 2011 & 2014 Finals for reference. But being smarter with the ball, I've seen him make better shot selections or look to get his teammates involved instead of forcing it himself.

Basically, Jordan the GOAT :mjpls:

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
You don't put up 45/15/5 in the garden down down 3-2 in an elimination game without a "killer instinct"

You dont put up 37/12 in a game 7 of the NBA finals without a "killer instinct"

You don't come down from 3-1 against a 72 win team while leading ALL players in points/rebounds/assist/steals/blocks without a "killer instinct"

You don't make this block

Without a "killer instinct"

:stopitslime:

Last edited: