This is what recovery looks like for some people after COVID-19

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...perience-ventilator/?utm_source=pocket-newtab

On March 16, I was admitted to the hospital with the coronavirus. I had a number of flu-like symptoms, including fever, chills, aches and fatigue. But my most serious complaint — as someone who suffered from asthma as a child and has exercise-induced asthma as an adult, albeit managed well with an inhaler — was difficulty breathing.

I have asthma too (not exercise-induced but general asthma) so well shyt :lupe:

But here is the meat of the article:

My father’s dark comment reflected a grim reality: 40 percent to 50 percent of patients with severe respiratory distress do not survive being on ventilators. In New York City, where I was hospitalized, 80 percent or more of coronavirus patients who end up on ventilators have died.

For those of us lucky enough to get off ventilators, our lives are not the same. Many patients who come off ventilators suffer lasting physical, mental and emotional issues, including cognitive deficits, lost jobs and psychological issues, such as depression and post-traumatic stress disorder.

For me, my lungs must rebuild their capacity. I experience breathlessness from even mild exertion. I used to run marathons; now I can’t walk across a room or up a flight of stairs without getting winded. I can’t go around the block for fresh air unless my husband pushes me in a wheelchair. When I shower, I can’t stand the entire time; I take breaks from standing to sit down on a plastic stool I have placed inside my bathtub.

And remember that some folks die from heart failure when they come home :francis:

The damage after the fact is much worse than the flu :francis:

Stay safe out there folks.

Last edited:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Walking up the stairs I'm winded, takes me hours to fall asleep because of breathing issues.

When I do sleep its 2-3 hours at a time because my heart is pounding fast as hell and I wake up feeling nauseous, feverishly hot and sick. Walking down the stairs my knees buckle because I've been cooped up for so long.

Been in my house since March 13th.

Been outside only to go to hospitals.

Worst part is they are saving the real test kits for hospital staff and near corpse like status. In accordance with those measure and a quick swab of my tonsil I tested negative.

Canada's cases are higher than reported, the testing is faulty in the first damn place.

And now I have to worry about having control of a body that never swayed from my own intentions.

F this.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
N

Last edited:

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
Walking up the stairs I'm winded, takes me hours to fall asleep because of breathing issues.

When I do sleep its 2-3 hours at a time because my heart is pounding fast as hell and I wake up feeling nauseous, feverishly hot and sick. Walking down the stairs my knees buckle because I've been cooped up for so long.

Been in my house since March 13th.

Been outside only to go to hospitals.

Worst part is they are saving the real test kits for hospital staff and near corpse like status. In accordance with those measure and a quick swab of my tonsil I tested negative.

Canada's cases are higher than reported, the testing is faulty in the first damn place.

And now I have to worry about having control of a body that never swayed from my own intentions.

F this.

Yo, I've been feeling like this too. My SP02 has been in between 95-100%, so it's "normal". But I've been short of breath, dizzy, tired, lightheaded, etc... for a couple weeks now. I've been in the hospital a couple times as well. I don't know what's going on.

Edit: I also don't have a fever and I'm not coughing.