This nikka Drake lacks substance and is an average rhymer SOHH what EXACTLY is his appeal

bigrodthe1

The Kang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
7mile to SE & Uptown!
I'm lost :yeshrug:
I mean I liked the nikka music better when he was a pseudo rapper/singer...this new shyt where he spitting a bunch of tough lyrics and shyt has me like :shaq2:
If he is the top rapper in the game right now then can somebody please explain to me WHY? It can't be only bytches buying this shyt...is it because he light skinned :to:

bigrodthe1

The Kang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
7mile to SE & Uptown!
he has that kanye west appeal.

he appeals to rap fans that arent really hip-hop but they like rap.

whether they be females, fakkits, L7s, white folk, surburbanites, etc.
No :beli:
As much as a primadonna as Kanye is he still is a wayyyyyy better and more Hip Hop artist than drake will ever be

Juanito

Pro
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
His Music appeals directly to women of all ages, sensitive lightskin nikkas and Because he is half Jewish and Canadian white people can easily accept him as much as nikkas can. He is as much a corny white dude as he is the cocky ladies man "champagne papi" imo. I don't hate his music(I enjoyed his latest work) but he will continue being successful because he knows he doesn't have to be super lyrical or make music of substance even tho we all know he is fully capable. Mainstream America will love him because he is at heart a good guy who is in touch with his feelings and the hood loves him because they see this dude as this character he has created for himself "champagne papi". At the end of the day if we don't like it we don't have to listen. He will never be one of the greats imo as making catchy songs/hits don't equate to greatness to me. He is more like Nelly 2k15 imo but that'll be an unpopular opinion. Either way he'll be around for a while as long as he follows he current blueprint.

Loud Still Coolin

Suppose be a IT cert like you coli nikkaz
Daps
Reppin
Certz Up ..... Hoezzzz down .....
the hoes1 loved em from day one. not sayin hes a say LL but he had a good backing from women. im not big fan but i think his last album was kinda dope. the mixtape iite with me. im sure the first nikkas who rode his wave were just bumpin em cause they girlfriends was obsessed. or they were ymcmb cheerleaders/ wayne stans. plenty hoes were puttin nikkas on to drake years ago. thats all....

but right now hes put in enough work. i mean ask the camel he rode drake dikk every album. kanye rode his dikk tooo. but on the real i gave em a pass when he dissed uncle luke :pachaha: that was last year or so. :heh:

Last edited:

bigrodthe1

The Kang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
7mile to SE & Uptown!
His Music appeals directly to women of all ages, sensitive lightskin nikkas and Because he is half Jewish and Canadian white people can easily accept him as much as nikkas can. He is as much a corny white dude as he is the cocky ladies man "champagne papi" imo. I don't hate his music(I enjoyed his latest work) but he will continue being successful because he knows he doesn't have to be super lyrical or make music of substance even tho we all know he is fully capable. Mainstream America will love him because he is at heart a good guy who is in touch with his feelings and the hood loves him because they see this dude as this character he has created for himself "champagne papi". At the end of the day if we don't like it we don't have to listen. He will never be one of the greats imo as making catchy songs/hits don't equate to greatness to me. He is more like Nelly 2k15 imo but that'll be an unpopular opinion. Either way he'll be around for a while as long as he follows he current blueprint.
We do?!? :ohhh:
Only thing I'm certain of with him is that he knows how to make buttery anthems for females...and all the "street" songs are starting to sound the same. I was in the car this morning on the way to work and decided to give the new album/mixtapes the car treatment and I cut it off after about 4 songs...all that shyt sounds the same. :scusthov:

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
Very few mainstream rappers have much substance really. As much as I am a fan of Jay-z I think he lacks substance in his catalog. The only time he seems to catch heat for it is when hes directly compared to Nas.

Honestly if you are looking for some real deep, thought provoking lyrics and concepts from mainstream rappers that's your bad.

As for the tough guy talk....maybe it's just me but again, most of them talk tough and 99% of them are not. I don't want to hear songs about Lil Wayne beating people up either.