This #takeaknee bullshyt is diluting the narrative

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I thought it was about police brutality. Now it's about "race soldiers" and having a race war? :mindblown:

What if the quarterback needs to take a knee to run out the clock at the end of the half or game? :lupe:

Kerkum

Superstar
Daps
I thought it was about police brutality. Now it's about "race soldiers" and having a race war? :mindblown:

What if the quarterback needs to take a knee to run out the clock at the end of the half or game? :lupe:
Race soldier brutality
Feel better?

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
You guys had to know this was going to happen. It wasn't just the media, these motherfukkers on social made it about the flag too. The "if you don't love this country then leave" bullshyt started immediately after Kaep kneeled. People blame media but people on social can change narratives too, I mean social media is the new way to get news right? I've been hearing that for years now. Not taking a knee is the new ice bucket challenge and shyt.

ejthompson23

Vagabon
Daps
Black athletes are fukking c00ns :hhh: Colin kaepernic and Eric Reid are the only 2 with a backbone...last year the L.A c00n-pers kept playing for racist ass Donald Sterling :francis: now they wanna kneel with the same owners who are blackballing kaepernick from the league...nikkas got no spine or self respect :mjgrin: while $5 a hour waitresses are walking off the job, these millionaires who already made more money then they will ever need in 10 lifetimes are showing their true colors....

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
The funny/ridiculous thing is, the same people who SWORE that they would NEVER take a knee for that precious flag and anthem have done EXACTLY that...

Ray Lewis was on BOTH knees on Sunday...smh I mean WTH? Cacs done took the kneeling thing and turned it into some "protest" against Trump. THIS IS NOT WHAT IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT.

While I don't know why I'm lightweight upset (cuz I should know better than to expect better than this) at this, cacs ALWAYS taking something we do and turning it around or co-opting it for something they want it to be for. It still angers me, guys wouldn't think twice about NOT kneeling when it was Kaep's protest...but soon as the owners and everybody else get involved then it's cool to take a knee. The locking arms thing is all BS. They're making it about "unity" when unity was NEVER in question.

The killing of colored folk, disproportionately, without any convictions or jailtime for the bad cops who did it. Folks thought that was too much to protest for...but doing it for Trump is a lot easier and palatable to swallow. No uneasy feelings or uncomfortablility. Just a nice "protest" packaged neatly and fits in a nice box. Whole point of this was to make things UNCOMFORTABLE. Make people talk about something they don't want to talk about. Get the dialogue going. Like we did with my unc not too long ago. I mean, nobody wanted to know about his genital area, but he was complaining about something and finally he came out and told us he had cancer down there. We got him the help he needed and he lived an extra 2 years bc he spoke up and started the convo that kept him alive a lot longer than if he hadn't.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Has the narrative changed entirely though? I mean short of running a poll, I think most people will respond with the right answer if asked where did the taking a knee originate, who started doing it and why. Besides the narrative was going to change regardless as the stakes just got raised exponentially when the President uses his platform to criticize those peacefully protesting. Can't be mad at sympathetic (maybe even empathetic) whites who wish to stand in solidarity with the folks facing the brunt of the President's criticisms.

In fact I think it's noteworthy to see white liberals taking a stand against government considering it's usually conservative whites chomping at the bit about an intrusive and overzealous government.