This woman's judo throw is one of the most brutal knockouts I've seen.

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fun to watch...and good to use in streetfights...but Judo's one of the least effective disciplines in MMA :yeshrug:

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ronda won a bronze @ the Olympics. ....she('s) feasted on the worst division in MMA...but the moment she faced someone that actually mastered a discipline. ..she got destroyed.

Holly gave Ronda the asswhooping Sara Mann should've given her.

And why are top flight judokas not competing in mma? How are they making money that top notch bjj players and wrestlers aren't?

That Ishii breh that lost to Rampage is a world class judoka, isn't he? He's avarice at MMA.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ronda won a bronze @ the Olympics. ....she('s) feasted on the worst division in MMA...but the moment she faced someone that actually mastered a discipline. ..she got destroyed.

And why are top flight judokas not competing in mma? How are they making money that top notch bjj players and wrestlers aren't?

That Ishii breh that lost to Rampage is a world class judoka, isn't he? He's avarice at MMA.

You would be shocked at how many camps that have atleast one Judo player on the training staff. My boy and his twin brother are olympic level judokas, and they work in UFC camps helping fighters train.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
For judo to work in mma that person needs a consistent way to get their hands on their opponents. That’s Ronda’s biggest weakness
If that's the POV, then inside fighting is where you start to get there. Head movement, controlling distance, and being rough on the inside.

Dro_Pesci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

Should have quoted me soni could respond to this much earlier.

Ronda and Satoshi Ishii both won medals at the olympics but transitioned into mma with pure judo skills lacking in other departments which is why their mma careers didnt pan out like people thought they would. Pure wrestlers have better chances to transition with just that skillset than other arts like boxing/bjj. If you cant emplement your main skill into mma youre not gonna do well. Like karate(Machidas) judo/sambo (fedor) even tae kwon do( cung le) if you have to have somewhat an overall game.

And top Elite judokas and bjj players make money by traveling doing seminars, opening gyms/studios competing for money in grappling tournaments etc. most of the elite grapplers that are not wrestlers make decent enough money to not have to fight mma. Judo in a lot of places around the world is still looked at as a gentlemans sport

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
As a Judoka, I have to Savage Judo is a Savage Martial Art. I don't care what Art you trained in, If A Judoka get you in the clinch and execute any of their throws, it's a wrap, you are not getting up, the least you can hope for is a few broken bones