Thomas Sowell: How Republicans can woo the black vote

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
over easter i was talking to a white republican business man who feels he knows what's up and really think condolese rice should run and would be able to beat hillary. :huhldup:

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If she ran under the R ticket I think the world would explode. Esp if she went with logic over party lines
i told him herman cain already tried that shyt and it backfired. i think the left would destroy rice with bush association like they did with mccain. if it worked on mccain it'll definitely work on rice..

it's easy to destroy a black rethug.. esp a woman. "logically", warren should be able to destroy hillary from the jump.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
read this and tell me if you give a fukk what this uncle tom thinks about black people:

Is This Still America? - Thomas Sowell - Page full

There are no winners in the trial of George Zimmerman. The only question is whether the damage that has been done has been transient or irreparable.

Legally speaking, Zimmerman has won his freedom. But he can still be sued in a civil case, and he will probably never be safe to live his life in peace, as he could have before this case made him the focus of national attention and orchestrated hate.

More important than the fate of George Zimmerman, however, is the fate of the American justice system and of the public's faith in that system and their country. People who have increasingly asked, during the lawlessness of the Obama administration, "Is this still America?" may feel some measure of relief.

But the very fact that this case was brought in the first place, in an absence of serious evidence -- which became painfully more obvious as the prosecution strained to try to come up with anything worthy of a murder trial -- will be of limited encouragement as to how long this will remain America.

The political perversion of the criminal justice system began early and at the top, with the President of the United States. Unlike other public officials who decline to comment on criminal cases that have not yet been tried in court, Barack Obama chose to say, "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon."

It was a clever way to play the race card, as he had done before, when Professor Henry Louis Gates of Harvard was arrested.

But it did not stop there. After the local police in Florida found insufficient evidence to ask for Zimmerman to be prosecuted, the Obama administration sent Justice Department investigators to Sanford, Florida, and also used the taxpayers' money to finance local activists who agitated for Zimmerman to be arrested.

Political intervention did not end with the federal government. The city manager in Sanford intervened to prevent the usual police procedures from being followed.

When the question arose of identifying the voice of whoever was calling for help during the confrontation between Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman, the normal police procedure would have been to let individuals hear the recording separately, rather than have a whole family hear it together.

If you want to get each individual's honest opinion, you don't want that opinion to be influenced by others who are present, much less allow a group to coordinate what they are going to say.

When the city manager took this out of the hands of the police, and had Trayvon Martin's family, plus Rachel Jeantel, all hear the recording together, that's politics, not law.

This was just one of the ways that this case looked like something out of "Alice in Wonderland." Both in the courtroom and in the media, educated and apparently intelligent people repeatedly said things that they seemed sincerely, and even fervently, to believe, but which were unprovable and often even unknowable.

In addition, the testimonies of the prosecution's witness after witness undermined its own case. Some critics faulted the attorneys. But the prosecutors had to work with what they had, and they had no hard evidence that would back up a murder charge or even a manslaughter charge.

You don't send people to prison on the basis of what other people imagine, or on the basis of media sound bites like "shooting an unarmed child," when that "child" was beating him bloody.

The jury indicated, early on as their deliberations began, that they wanted to compare hard evidence, when they asked for a complete list of the testimony on both sides.

Once the issue boiled down to hard, provable facts, the prosecutors' loud histrionic assertions and sweeping innuendos were just not going to cut it.

Nor was repeatedly calling Zimmerman a liar effective, especially when the prosecution misquoted what Zimmerman said, as an examination of the record would show.

The only real heroes in this trial were the jurors. They showed that this is still America -- at least for now -- despite politicians who try to cheapen or corrupt the law, as if this were some banana republic. Some are already calling for a federal indictment of George Zimmerman, after he has been acquitted.

Will this still be America then?

:childplease:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
i told him herman cain already tried that shyt and it backfired. i think the left would destroy rice with bush association like they did with mccain. if it worked on mccain it'll definitely work on rice..

it's easy to destroy a black rethug.. esp a woman. "logically", warren should be able to destroy hillary from the jump.
:whoa:

Herman Cain got destroyed because he's a fukking idiot with a closet full of skeletons and a loud mouth. Pretty much none of that would apply to Rice. Rice's biggest hurdle would be putting a positive spin on her time with Bush

I was more speaking to the many layers of cognitive dissonance she would elicit from pretty much all angles of the political spectrum. Would black people support her over a Democrat? Could she become a GOP frontrunner while distancing herself from their general air of disorder and racism? Would "libertarians" show their true colors and vote for a white Democrat over a black Republican? On the GOP ticket she is the ultimate candidate.... there is no demographic she doesn't have in the bag by default.

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Herman Cain got destroyed because he's a fukking idiot with a closet full of skeletons and a loud mouth. Pretty much none of that would apply to Rice. Rice's biggest hurdle would be putting a positive spin on her time with Bush

I was more speaking to the many layers of cognitive dissonance she would elicit from pretty much all angles of the political spectrum. Would black people support her over a Democrat? Could she become a GOP frontrunner while distancing herself from their general air of disorder and racism? Would "libertarians" show their true colors and vote for a white Democrat over a black Republican? On the GOP ticket she is the ultimate candidate.... there is no demographic she doesn't have in the bag by default.

Yeah, she's not an idiot. The difficulty is that a Black woman would have to pander extra hard to the white male base, which would automatically negate some of her reasonability.

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

honestly yo i didn't see nothing wrong with my mans herman cain. i mean god damn it isn't anyone allowed to slip up once in their past? and all he did was fuq some bytches smh. but that creepy ad of his put a nail in the coffin for him. like nicca what the fuq :wtf:
but whatever.

this guy i was talking to said jindal or rice would beat hillary. i don't think neither would. i think jindal should definitely run just for the significance of the history of indian ppl. i have nothing against him but i don't think the country's feeling him like that. i gave him the example of the state of the union speech how the media left him talking to himself as they were masturbating after barack's speech.
he needs to have been half white or some shyt.

after barack i just don't think white folk would want to deal with another black candidate :russ:
the media had to just all out ride for barack and hide all his skeletons. i don't think the liberal media would be lenient on any republican candidate. damage on a black candidate inflicts way more damage than to a white one.

you already saw the email exchanges btwn clinton and lewinsky have disappeared. nsa is in on the hillary bandwagon. i'm sure they'll expose some sh1t about bush and rice and collin powell.
the rethugs are done.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Yeah, she's not an idiot. The difficulty is that a Black woman would have to pander extra hard to the white male base, which would automatically negate some of her reasonability.
Im not 100% on the primary process, but I feel like if Condi showed up the rest would take care of itself. Especially considering her (lack of GOP) competition. Its more a matter of whether she wants to, rather than if she can or will be allowed to

honestly yo i didn't see nothing wrong with my mans herman cain. i mean god damn it isn't anyone allowed to slip up once in their past? and all he did was fuq some bytches smh. but that creepy ad of his put a nail in the coffin for him. like nicca what the fuq :wtf:
but whatever.

this guy i was talking to said jindal or rice would beat hillary. i don't think neither would. i think jindal should definitely run just for the significance of the history of indian ppl. i have nothing against him but i don't think the country's feeling him like that. i gave him the example of the state of the union speech how the media left him talking to himself as they were masturbating after barack's speech.
he needs to have been half white or some shyt.

after barack i just don't think white folk would want to deal with another black candidate :russ:
the media had to just all out ride for barack and hide all his skeletons. i don't think the liberal media would be lenient on any republican candidate. damage on a black candidate inflicts way more damage than to a white one.

you already saw the email exchanges btwn clinton and lewinsky have disappeared. nsa is in on the hillary bandwagon. i'm sure they'll expose some sh1t about bush and rice and collin powell.
the rethugs are done.
I think the Dems have become incompetent. I dont like the GOP's history, but I do hope they can get back to being an effective party to get the Dems back on their toes. We need a balance. The idiots on both sides need to be purged so things can move forward.