Thoughts on this Sony TV

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
I have a sony google tv that is like 4 years old now, and even that shyt has 4 HDMI inputs. There's no reason an even NEWER TV would have less inputs than mine.
Talking about that white one with the extreme input lag? I had one of those.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
@Codeine Crazy

If you are gonna game on it

http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/

Sony TVs are the king for playing games due to the low input lag like @winb83 said.

But at least 120hz and smart is a must.
Sony's 60hz is like everyone else's 120hz ..and their 120hz is like everyone else 240hz ..he's in good hands either way...if he gonna get a 48" Sony tho and he on a budget..just go with the w600b...I personally think he should get the Sony 50" w800 tho...

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Gonna disagree on the "smart is a must" consoles can do everything a smart TV can. Unless you want to dual screen to your computer, smart TVs are pretty useless these days.
Smart is a must because all of the TV that aren't smart are considered the budget tv's...u don't only lose smart features...u lose inputs...u lose picture quality...picture customization..video processing technology...etc etc...u dead ass buying a lower quality tv....

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Talking about that white one with the extreme input lag? I had one of those.

It's this TV. I haven't had any input lag issue :manny:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model...id=ea2763cfd76f0735b95a98c642c3b07b#/howtoTab
dsc00050-2456x1632.jpg

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Smart is a must because all of the TV that aren't smart are considered the budget tv's...u don't only lose smart features...u lose inputs...u lose picture quality...picture customization..video processing technology...etc etc...u dead ass buying a lower quality tv....

I don't agree fully....But your right they want to push you towards smart tvs so they put more into it...but you can find some great cheaper dumb tvs and put a Roku on it than your good.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
I don't agree fully....But your right they want to push you towards smart tvs so they put more into it...but you can find some great cheaper dumb tvs and put a Roku on it than your good.
I used to do this for a living my dude...lol..there's like damn near less than a handful of models that aren't smart that's worth a damn...well if u on a budget that's fine but that smart don't matter shyt ain't true...the smart tv shyt is a premium to a luxury product....it's not what makes it cost more...it's what they give u cause u bought a premium product....asking for a premium quality tv without the smart features is like asking for a BMW without power windows and heated seats...sure a car doesn't "need" those things....but u gonna get that cause u spent the money on a luxury product...what ur paying for is that luxury car...the extras are just a bonus....

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
What do you need more than 2 hdmi ports for? Multiple game systems? We really that lazy to unplug things?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
What do you need more than 2 hdmi ports for? Multiple game systems? We really that lazy to unplug things?
In my bedroom I got a Blu-Ray Player, a HTPC, my Soundbar uses one with ARC my Playstation TV uses one, my PS3 uses one My cable box uses one my Xbox 360 uses one. My soundbar has 3 HDMI ports on it so the one it takes gives me 3 back so I have a total of 6 HDMI ports and I use the all.

2 HDMI ports is a joke. The only time I switch devices is if I move my PS4 or Xbox One in the bedroom then I unplug my PS3 or Xbox 360. Now in the living room I have a 8 HDMI in 2 HDMI out av system but out of my 3 main TVs none of them have don't have 4 ports on them.

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
In my bedroom I got a Blu-Ray Player, a HTPC, my Soundbar uses one with ARC my Playstation TV uses one, my PS3 uses one My cable box uses one my Xbox 360 uses one. My soundbar has 3 HDMI ports on it so the one it takes gives me 3 back so I have a total of 6 HDMI ports and I use the all.

2 HDMI ports is a joke. The only time I switch devices is if I move my PS4 or Xbox One in the bedroom then I unplug my PS3 or Xbox 360. Now in the living room I have a 8 HDMI in 2 HDMI out av system but out of my 3 main TVs none of them have don't have 4 ports on them.
well from what you mentioned you dont need a blu-ray player
and I thought the x1 was the all in one media device? why you need an extra for cable? thought devices could be plugged into the x1?

especially for people who game on monitors, having a tv with a ton of hdmi inputs isnt necessary. you nikkas acting like its a must have

also, you can buy hdmi switches lol

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I used to do this for a living my dude...lol..there's like damn near less than a handful of models that aren't smart that's worth a damn...well if u on a budget that's fine but that smart don't matter shyt ain't true...the smart tv shyt is a premium to a luxury product....it's not what makes it cost more...it's what they give u cause u bought a premium product....asking for a premium quality tv without the smart features is like asking for a BMW without power windows and heated seats...sure a car doesn't "need" those things....but u gonna get that cause u spent the money on a luxury product...what ur paying for is that luxury car...the extras are just a bonus....

As an end user like you I must admit I still use my Amazon fire on my tv it's smart I just don't use it at all...and I have a sony and love it but if you can find a good dumb tv and don't value smart tv like you said their are a few models...And I mean like 6-8 lol...

In other words you really don't have a choice...I however don't think the smart tv is what they use to keep the price up...they know a person can but a streaming box in their tv and have the same channels but it's seen as a premium ability

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
well from what you mentioned you dont need a blu-ray player
and I thought the x1 was the all in one media device? why you need an extra for cable? thought devices could be plugged into the x1?

especially for people who game on monitors, having a tv with a ton of hdmi inputs isnt necessary. you nikkas acting like its a must have

also, you can buy hdmi switches lol
an HDMI switch aint fukkin with HDMI built into the tv fam...u wildin...and I use every single port...some people have set ups that u dont wanna keep touching...all that pulling cables in and out everyday will cause wear and tear on the port and eventually fukk ur ports up anyway...I used to run across people who thought like u all the time...they almost always had to come back and spend more money cause they regretted their purchase...unless ur an older person..who doesnt watch much tv...or u have a home theater system and receiver that u can run ur devices thru...those hdmi ports on the tv are needed and it pisses me off till this day that these companies are getting so cheap with ports nowadays...I use ALL of my ports on my tv...