Throwback Thursday: Scans from Lil Wayne and Birdman's cover story for XXL magazine's 2006 issue

Tunechi

Tunechi Baby
Daps
Reppin
YMCMB
scans-lil-wayne-birdman-cover-story-xxl-magazine-2006-issue.jpg

For #ThrowbackThursday today, I have decided to share scans from Lil Wayne and Birdman‘s cover story for the December 2006 issue of XXL magazine, which took place not long after their Like Father, Like Son collaboration album had been released in stores.

In an interview with Jon Caramanica for the mag, Weezy and Baby discussed everything from how they first met each other, why artists such as Juvenile, Mannie Fresh, B.G. and Turk all left Cash Money Records, and how they really felt about that.

You put out the “I Miss My Dawgs” song, and you said it came from a sincere place. The other [Hot Boys] guys said it was some sport of publicity stunt. How did that make you feel?
fukk them nikkas. They should be happy a nikka was still seeing them at that time. I don’t see them no more. Literally. They dead to me, man.

You can check out scans from Wayne and Baby‘s cover story below, courtesy of RSA, that also includes the two of them chatting about their family-like relationship, the early Cash Money days, relocating to Miami from New Orleans, and much more!

Throwback Thursday: Scans Of Lil Wayne & Birdman's Cover Story For XXL Magazine's 2006 Issue

normal_10518239_688343791239932_525191253_n.jpg

Click to enlarge.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
scans-lil-wayne-birdman-cover-story-xxl-magazine-2006-issue.jpg

For #ThrowbackThursday today, I have decided to share scans from Lil Wayne and Birdman‘s cover story for the December 2006 issue of XXL magazine, which took place not long after their Like Father, Like Son collaboration album had been released in stores.

In an interview with Jon Caramanica for the mag, Weezy and Baby discussed everything from how they first met each other, why artists such as Juvenile, Mannie Fresh, B.G. and Turk all left Cash Money Records, and how they really felt about that.

You can check out scans from Wayne and Baby‘s cover story below, courtesy of RSA, that also includes the two of them chatting about their family-like relationship, the early Cash Money days, relocating to Miami from New Orleans, and much more!

Throwback Thursday: Scans Of Lil Wayne & Birdman's Cover Story For XXL Magazine's 2006 Issue

normal_10518239_688343791239932_525191253_n.jpg

Click to enlarge.

Good thread bro :salute:

I just rolled up & this & the Prime Weezy interview talking me back to 06 :banderas:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Birdman was in love with the Trump Towers :mjpls:

After reading how played he felt about Fresh leaving late after laying up under him, then i KNOW he was sick when Weezy started this a whole decade later :damn:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
2006 is when this dropped too :dame:

lil-wayne-kissing-baby-2.jpg

Shoutout any heads that were on AHH or SOHH back then. Threads blew up

I remember when I was in college back then. All the broads were legit pissed and :sadbron: when they saw that pic of Weezy kissing Baby. They were talking about "Wayne can't be gay, I love him " :mjcry: while justifying men kissing other men. Now I know why the DL thing is so big in black circles, cause broads be in denial.

A.V.

reTIreMEnt: THE ALBUM (01/22) ALL DSPs
Daps
Reppin
#AnyCityGang
2006 is when this dropped too :dame:

lil-wayne-kissing-baby-2.jpg

2006 is also when I dropped this BANGER not too long after that article & pic came out :mjlit:

Damn near a million views on YouTube before that was a thing, and I ain't even upload the shyt :mindblown:

18 year old @A.V. bodybagged Wayne, Dipset & Game on one track....had blood nikkas furious everywhere :umad:

Money on my head never collected :pacspit:

The stories I got of performing this shyt in youth clubs and dive bars back then, and the wreck nikkas in the crowd used to catch is :mindblown:

#WATTBA :demonic:

Last edited: