(Throwback) Vince/JR shyt on Austin for walking out of the WWE (2002)

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!

Vince with the :mjlit:

Crowd like “WE WANT AUSTIN”:mjtf:

It's really strange seeing Brock (in early 2003) come out to present an award and pander to the crowd in 2019. The only superstar who was nominated in that category that actually bothered showing up that night was HHH. Foley and Stone Cold were on the outs with Vince, Rock was filming a movie, Taker was selling an injury, and Bret didn't give a shyt. :pachaha:

Anyway, JR burying his best friend on WWE Confidential after Austin had walked out on the company was pretty bad (even though I agree Austin could've handled it better and Jim was probably disappointed with the situation.) Especially as Austin had helped save his play by play announcing job a few years earlier in 1999. I guess Jim was just playing his part of being a corporate face and saying what he needed to say to appease the WWE.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
I remember right before Austin returned they did a feature with him on Raw magazine where he let the chopper spray on everybody for how they handled the situation. I think it was partially in kayfabe though because he called out The Rock when he said he always understood Rock was just being a company man and didn't mean what he said. Just setting up the WrestleMania 19 match I guess:ehh: Or maybe Rock spoke to him like a man after this and cleared it all up :wow:

Buried the fukk out of HHH too :russ:

Last edited:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Here's the feature:

Stone Cold Steve Austin 2003 Raw Magazine Interview

Highlights:

"When I came back in 2000 from my neck surgery, it was kind of a different system. I just kind of fell into it because I was insecure. I was worried about getting back in the swing, so I just started going with the new system. But when I was at my very hottest…when I first came around, I started off as The Ringmaster. I came up with my own material. Well, I was coming up with all my stuff myself, and that made me a hell of a hot talent, because I was spitting out all this shyt I’d had in Texas my whole life. And that’s what made me what I was. All of a sudden you’ve got someone putting words in your mouth — you can’t do that. The writers are taking the business from the boys, and that’s what the problem with creative is. They’ve got to give the business back to the damn boys. When you got a guy who’s been in the business three, six, eight, ten, or fifteen years, it doesn’t matter. Asking a damned writer what he’s supposed to say? There’s a problem.

When I was at my hottest, selling out everywhere we went, no one was telling me what to say. They’d give me a few little bullet points, “I’d like you to cover this or that,” and then like all talent should, I’d feed off the crowd and make the rest of. When Ric Flair was at his hottest in the NWA days, he wasn’t doing comedy. He was saying what was on his mind, and it came from his heart and his head, because he believed in what he was saying. I believed in what I was doing. Hogan, for what it’s worth, when that guy was hot, he was saying what was in his heart and in his mind. He didn’t have no one — some 25 year old, fresh out of sitcom school or whatever the hell it is — telling him what to say. That’s the big problem to me."

"There were some other things that went on while I was gone that pissed me off. Like during the smear campaign when I was sitting at the house and had to turn on the TV and see The Rock making a special appearance on RAW. This was during the “Get the ‘F’ Out” campaign, when we had to change our name to WWE — which completely sucks. So all of a sudden, you’ve got Rock out there saying, “You know, if you don’t want to be here, then get the ‘F’ out!” Well genius, I’d already been out and got out. To me, that was the thing that got my ass the most. Here’s a guy who I was a tremendous influence on his career in he ring. He’ll tell you the same thing — and if he don’t, he’s a liar. Anytime he needed advice for a problem, I’d give him the best advice I could. I always helped that guy out — I helped everyone who asked. If you wanted my honest opinion, I’d give it. so anyway, the problem was with me and Vince, it wasn’t with me and Rock. I thought that was the biggest chicken**** thing I’d ever seen done to me, so far in the business, for him to go out and call me out. That’s how he pays me back? That was pathetic."

"And the other one — Triple H’s constant reference to me taking my ball and going home. “You want me to pull an Austin?” or whatever. Here’s a guy who needs to stop worrying about me — I”m not even with the company right now. He needs to worry about his own character and drawing big money for the company. “Oh, but the business is in a down cycle.” That’s very convenient. In my view, he’s not where he should be with the amount of TV time invested in him. So, don’t worry about Stone Cold because somewhere along the line, in the transition from being a Greenwich snob to being the toughest guy ever to walk in the ring who walks down the ramp all jacked up spewing water, I missed it. And you know what? When I look back at old films from when I was gone in 2000, that was the year Triple H stepped up huge. That was the year Triple H was a hell of a hand. So knock off 25 pounds and go back to doing that and being one of the best. It’s fukking simple."

Love Sosa

Superstar
Daps
Here's the feature:

Highlights:

"When I came back in 2000 from my neck surgery, it was kind of a different system. I just kind of fell into it because I was insecure. I was worried about getting back in the swing, so I just started going with the new system. But when I was at my very hottest…when I first came around, I started off as The Ringmaster. I came up with my own material. Well, I was coming up with all my stuff myself, and that made me a hell of a hot talent, because I was spitting out all this shyt I’d had in Texas my whole life. And that’s what made me what I was. All of a sudden you’ve got someone putting words in your mouth — you can’t do that. The writers are taking the business from the boys, and that’s what the problem with creative is. They’ve got to give the business back to the damn boys. When you got a guy who’s been in the business three, six, eight, ten, or fifteen years, it doesn’t matter. Asking a damned writer what he’s supposed to say? There’s a problem.

When I was at my hottest, selling out everywhere we went, no one was telling me what to say. They’d give me a few little bullet points, “I’d like you to cover this or that,” and then like all talent should, I’d feed off the crowd and make the rest of. When Ric Flair was at his hottest in the NWA days, he wasn’t doing comedy. He was saying what was on his mind, and it came from his heart and his head, because he believed in what he was saying. I believed in what I was doing. Hogan, for what it’s worth, when that guy was hot, he was saying what was in his heart and in his mind. He didn’t have no one — some 25 year old, fresh out of sitcom school or whatever the hell it is — telling him what to say. That’s the big problem to me."

"There were some other things that went on while I was gone that pissed me off. Like during the smear campaign when I was sitting at the house and had to turn on the TV and see The Rock making a special appearance on RAW. This was during the “Get the ‘F’ Out” campaign, when we had to change our name to WWE — which completely sucks. So all of a sudden, you’ve got Rock out there saying, “You know, if you don’t want to be here, then get the ‘F’ out!” Well genius, I’d already been out and got out. To me, that was the thing that got my ass the most. Here’s a guy who I was a tremendous influence on his career in he ring. He’ll tell you the same thing — and if he don’t, he’s a liar. Anytime he needed advice for a problem, I’d give him the best advice I could. I always helped that guy out — I helped everyone who asked. If you wanted my honest opinion, I’d give it. so anyway, the problem was with me and Vince, it wasn’t with me and Rock. I thought that was the biggest chicken**** thing I’d ever seen done to me, so far in the business, for him to go out and call me out. That’s how he pays me back? That was pathetic."

"And the other one — Triple H’s constant reference to me taking my ball and going home. “You want me to pull an Austin?” or whatever. Here’s a guy who needs to stop worrying about me — I”m not even with the company right now. He needs to worry about his own character and drawing big money for the company. “Oh, but the business is in a down cycle.” That’s very convenient. In my view, he’s not where he should be with the amount of TV time invested in him. So, don’t worry about Stone Cold because somewhere along the line, in the transition from being a Greenwich snob to being the toughest guy ever to walk in the ring who walks down the ramp all jacked up spewing water, I missed it. And you know what? When I look back at old films from when I was gone in 2000, that was the year Triple H stepped up huge. That was the year Triple H was a hell of a hand. So knock off 25 pounds and go back to doing that and being one of the best. It’s fukking simple."
:picard::wow:

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
Here's the feature:

Highlights:

woooooooooooooooooooooooow!!!!:ohhh:

I respect Stone Cold even more now if that's even possible.:wow:

dbp

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Here's the feature:

Highlights:

Jesus, never read that before. But again, he's not wrong. Just went about it too aggressively. But look at where they are now, character-wise, with writers delivering overly scripted promos.

One of the worst things to ever happen to wrestling.

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
Jesus, never read that before. But again, he's not wrong. Just went about it too aggressively. But look at where they are now, character-wise, with writers delivering overly scripted promos.

One of the worst things to ever happen to wrestling.
Something's gotta give. Hopefully AEW providing stern competition or low ratings on Fox will kick them into overdrive and we'll get what the product deserves, until then...:mjcry:

• Dap
Reactions: dbp

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
Whoo that some people on here say they "grew up" during the post Stone Cold era makes me feel old haha.

About the magazine quotes, that was all real. Wasn't setting up any angle. Austin was legit heated at Rock and HHH. I remember that magazine pretty vividly (I had a subscription to WWE and Raw Magazine for like 6-7 years). Austin wasn't fully back in WWE yet but it was one of the first stepping stones to what was obviously a reconciliation between he and the company. He talked about his DV case too and was apologizing to Debra.

I believe WWE Confidential aired a "Stone Cold's side of things" episode too when he made up with Vince.

Austin has also said when he returned, he had man to man talks with Rock and HHH and all was cleared up. My guess is Rock and HHH prob apologized and told him they were just doing business.

These days, Austin talks openly how him walking out was his biggest regret (even though many of us agree he had understandable reasoning to be pissed). He prob would tell anyone who asks that he regrets going at Rock and HHH in that WWE RAW Magazine interview too. He repeatedly calls that time and trial "his dark days" due to his personal life and his growing paranoia of his character's storylines whenever he's doing a podcast or interview.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
He was wrong. Period. Good rant..alot of it was funny. Rock could of been petty and responded to that article by bringing up him beating up that Debra bytch like 6 months earlier and that would of been a wrap. But he didnt and we all know Austin wasnt gonna keep that same energy face to face with Rock. Like I said...good rant though. No one had seen or heard from Austin since he got arrested at that point.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
He was wrong. Period. Good rant..alot of it was funny. Rock could of been petty and responded to that article by bringing up him beating up that Debra bytch like 6 months earlier and that would of been a wrap. But he didnt and we all know Austin wasnt gonna keep that same energy face to face with Rock. Like I said...good rant though. No one had seen or heard from Austin since he got arrested at that point.
R=G coming into blindly dikkride Rock like he got a Batman symbol...

sqpUOB2.png

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Got like 5 str8 gay for pay Austin lovefest posts and nygga focused on me like the little hoe that he is..once a homosexual, always a homosexual.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
JR is a stooge, he sounds like a clown in this clip :hhh:

This was the era when they randomly had Flair face Hogan on raw :mjlol:

JR is a straight up clown sometimes. The fact he still can't get over Rick Rude leaving the WWF and going to WCW during the Monday Night Wars is embarrassing. They didn't give Rude a contract and were paying him on a night-by-night basis for months. You're mad at this mufukka for signing a contract for guaranteed money when you weren't willing to do it? The mufukka been dead for 20 years too. Get over it, JR.

Homer Simpson

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
JR is a straight up clown sometimes. The fact he still can't get over Rick Rude leaving the WWF and going to WCW during the Monday Night Wars is embarrassing. They didn't give Rude a contract and were paying him on a night-by-night basis for months. You're mad at this mufukka for signing a contract for guaranteed money when you weren't willing to do it? The mufukka been dead for 20 years too. Get over it, JR.

he's a bootlicker. and then you have fans crying when the company treats him like shyt :mjlol:

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps

itxWvM.gif