TikTok Says It's Not the Algorithm, Teens Are Just Pro-Palestine

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
Back in 2018, China's regulators said that they were seeking to limit the amount of time that minors spent online, because of rising levels of near-sightedness among children.

Douyin, much like TikTok, is particularly popular with young audiences, and so China's top regulator, the Cyberspace Administration of China, has urged it to "create a good cyberspace environment for the healthy development of young people".

Back in 2019, Douyin and rival service Kuaishou began trialling "anti-addiction measures". They introduced child locks, and experimented with functions that could limit the amount of time children spent on these platforms.
I'm no fan of China, but...all that sounds good to me. :hubie:

Study after study shown that social media is rotting people's brains and the companies know it. I would of course prefer that they step up and do the right thing on their own, but the threat of severe regulation may need to be there to force their hand.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I'm no fan of China, but...all that sounds good to me. :hubie:

Study after study shown that social media is rotting people's brains and the companies know it. I would of course prefer that they step up and do the right thing on their own, but the threat of severe regulation may need to be there to force their hand.

parents have always been able to do that and some do. not everyone wants live in a nanny state.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
China obviously used it to spy..you'd have to be brain dead comatose to believe China wouldn't :mjtf:

They put spy equipment in a lot of machinery and stuff they export to US companies. They've been doing it for years. They do it to everybody they supply.

is china spying more harmful to black americans than the U.S spying on black americans? :jbhmm:

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
is china spying more harmful to black americans than the U.S spying on black americans? :jbhmm:

China isnt spying on you for your own good benefit :comeon:

They'll spy on Black Americans to exarcerbate already simmering racial, social and economic tensions to create conflict with whites and the US Govt.
Anything they can do to to hurt the US Govt and weaken it they'll do.
Black people would merely be used as strategic bait to lure out the really big fish they want.
Dont ever think the Chinese are your friends or allies, you matter little to them. Same applies to the U.S.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
China isnt spying on you for your own good benefit :comeon:

They'll spy on Black Americans to exarcerbate already simmering racial, social and economic tensions to create conflict with whites and the US Govt.
Anything they can do to to hurt the US Govt and weaken it they'll do.
Black people would merely be used as strategic bait to lure out the really big fish they want.
Dont ever think the Chinese are your friends or allies, you matter little to them. Same applies to the U.S.

china is creating conflict between white and black americans?!!! :laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff: