Tinashe- Aquarius_(2014)(Stream & Official Discussion Thread)

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Is this even HALF as good as August and Lawd Breezy???

I'll probably check it out on spotify on the ride back home from work tonight.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Been holding off listening to any of the tracks after Pretend so I can listen to it all together. Hopefully I don't get disappointed. Prob should be able to give it a full listen tonight.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like the vibe :ehh:

That joint with Future:noah:

Last edited:

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
dope album, I'd say it's better than Black Water but not as good as Reverie

Props to Tinashe for paying homage to the goddess

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
album soundin real straight to me.. i dont know if yall listening to this in some headphones, or some computer speakers.. but, this joint on a nice system.. :whew:

and, aint nothin wrong with Future on How Many Times.. :comeon: but, to each their own..

Future is normally dope with the R&B duets but idk, i thought he fukked up the song up too. he was tryna turn up on a turn down type of track. just thought he approached it the wrong way

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukk u nikka :pacspit: i didnt even say it sounds entirely like 2 On so show me receipts on that playboy, and lets not pretend the middle of the album isnt littered with garbage and filter :heh:

First 3 songs, :ehh: :whew:

Bet is classic Tinashe

Then 2 On begins.... Naw :scust:

How many times is perfect til Future comes on :scust:

Pretend is average. Filter.

All hands on deck sounds exactly like 2 On :heh: automatic skip/Filter

Far side of the moon, :gladbron: :banderas:

Thug cry :mjcry: :lawd:

Feels like vegas is average, with an outdated ass t-minus rip off beat. Filter.

Bated Breath is fire, then wildfire is fire (dont een ask me how)

Its a good album, but this shyt is not perfect at all :comeon: especially if u compare it to In Case We Die and Reverie

I actually kind of agree with this review. but bruh, you compared this to that weed plate album Rolling Papers(don't even ask me how), that's disrespectful

Smitty Belafonte

All Star
Daps
Yall should be called the mediocre generation cuz this shyt is meidiocre as hell. It's time ti raise your standards. She can barely sing. :troll:

TezMilli

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MD via Brick City
For those judging the album based off of her mixtapes, keep in mind that she had full artistic integrity without any label interference while putting those together. So it's unfair to compare this body of work to her previous material.

There shouldn't be any surprise the label wanted a few radio hits to please the masses. They're trying to make money off of their investment but it still doesn't take away from the product Tinashe put together - pleasing her day 1 fans and the new ones. That said, I still think the album is crazy despite the label involvement, as it maintains her natural vibe her fans were accustomed to from the start.

If this album does numbers it wouldn't surprise me if they give her more control of what goes on the album the next go round.