Tinashe, AzealiaBanks & Dawn Richard Also Felt Like The VMA's Snubbed Them (Tweets)

Giselle

Daps
pyAuXB2.png

x9RO7bz.png

Last edited:

Giselle

Daps
I don't think Tinashe, Nicki, AB, or Dawn were snubbed. They just aren't good enough.

Tinashe is new and it's ridiculous that she thinks she deserves awards. She isn't even very popular/well known. She's only had one hit song and her dance video wasn't good. Her team is the only reason why she's been getting so much work. No she isn't a humble/sweet girl. Look at her favorited tweets that are kind or "shading" Ciara and praising her for their BET Janet performance.

A lot of people don't even know who Dawn & AB are or have never heard their music.

I think it's ridiculous that today's artist think that people are just supposed to hand them awards instead of them working hard for it. Rihanna and Beyonce weren't winning awards left and right when they first came out and they never complained. They just moved on and worked harder.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Yeah
I don't think Tinashe, Nicki, or Dawn were snubbed. They just aren't good enough.

Tinashe is new and it's ridiculous that she thinks she deserves awards. She isn't even very popular/well known. She's only had one hit song and her dance video wasn't good. Her team is the only reason why she's been getting so much work. No she isn't a humble/sweet girl. Look at her favorited tweets that are kind or "shading" Ciara and praising her for their BET Janet performance.

I think it's ridiculous that today's artist think that people are just supposed to hand them awards instead of them working hard for it. Rihanna and Beyonce weren't winning awards left and right when they first came out and they never complained. They just moved on and worked harder.
Tinashe thinks she's bigger than what she really is. Instagram fame can do that to you :yeshrug:

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
Azealia Banks isn't popular enough to contend with artists like Bruno Mars, Taylor Swift, Beyonce, etc. Which is what mainstream pop shows like the VMAs give awards to. That said, Banks should be more popular. This song was dope as fukk, and so was the video. She is too black and abrasive for mainstream white America.

Giselle

Daps
Azealia Banks isn't popular enough to contend with artists like Bruno Mars, Taylor Swift, Beyonce, etc. Which is what mainstream pop shows like the VMAs give awards to. That said, Banks should be more popular. This song was dope as fukk, and so was the video. She is too black and abrasive for mainstream white America.

People don't like this kind of music. It sounds like old pop or something that the gay community would like. Popular pop today sounds more like R&B/hiphop.

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
People don't like this kind of music. It sounds like old pop or something that the gay community would like. Popular pop today sounds more like R&B/hiphop.
Watch though, I bet you if Taylor Swift had made that song, it'd be all over the air waves and people would be like "this new sound T-Swift came up with is amazing wow!"

Giselle

Daps
Watch though, I bet you if Taylor Swift had made that song, it'd be all over the air waves and people would be like "this new sound T-Swift came up with is amazing wow!"

I don't think it would. Taylor has even been making more urban/r&B/hiphop sounding pop music because that's what's popular. Madonna and other people who have been making pop music like that have not been selling. It's out of style for everyone.

They do do that when white people make R&B/pop/hiphop music. Give them all the attention and praise and the black people who make R&B/pop/hiphop music get nothing unless they're already big/popular.