Robert California

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TB
My Barber used to charge $25 for the haircut w/ beard edging/trim etc and i would tip him $10

Plus his fade game is on point too :whoo: :ohlawd: so I felt he deserved it :manny:

As he got more clientele his prices went up from $25 to $30 for a fade w/ beard :jbhmm:

I still give him the $35 though, just now his tip is $5 instead of $10 :yeshrug:

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn, yall barbers taxing.

My barber charges 14, and I give him a dub.

Where do you live?

In NJ/NY or any major city really I dont think you can get a decent haircut for less than $17. And that's LOW. $20 being the standard. And haircut + beard I never see under $25.

There's lots of shops around my away charging $25 for a cut, $35 for a cut+beard.

That said I found a spot with 2 (used to be 3) barbers that are hella nice with it and they charge on the low-end ($17 cut/ $25 cut/beard) so I just go there. I've paid more for cuts that aren't as a good so once I found a place I can rock with it at that price I'm not looking around. Especially cuz after multiple cuts you really get to know the barbers style and how to ask for exactly what you want.

Larry Lambo

Superstar
Daps
Where do you live?

In NJ/NY or any major city really I dont think you can get a decent haircut for less than $17. And that's LOW. $20 being the standard. And haircut + beard I never see under $25.

There's lots of shops around my away charging $25 for a cut, $35 for a cut+beard.

That said I found a spot with 2 (used to be 3) barbers that are hella nice with it and they charge on the low-end ($17 cut/ $25 cut/beard) so I just go there. I've paid more for cuts that aren't as a good so once I found a place I can rock with it at that price I'm not looking around. Especially cuz after multiple cuts you really get to know the barbers style and how to ask for exactly what you want.

I'm in Charlotte.

When I lived in Chicago, it was $18-$20, and that was 7-8 years ago.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Barber used to charge $20 for a cut and I'd tip him $5. Now they decided this past year to up the price to $25 because people weren't tipping. I'm still tipping $5 but I get my shyt cut every week. They gonna have to calm down with these price hikes :comeon:

invalid

Banned
Daps
I tip but I'm paying about $42 for a cut already. I'll do like a $3 tip to make it an even $45. $50 for a cut I ain't going.

kej718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Been going to my guy since college. Always gave at least $5. Cut and shave was $15 and gave $20. Even when he upped his prices and said I could still pay the old amount I still paid extra cause he did good work, and always made time to cut me when I couldn't make an appointment. Last year he opened up his own shop and I go there now. I was one of his first customers so my cut will always be on point.