To those who witnessed the crack epidemic...

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was gonna narrow it down to just NYC, but probably applies everywhere else... when you always read these stories and see pictures, it shows an abundance of people getting money. It literally looks like everybody was eating. Was it really like that?

seymour cake

All Star
Daps
Yes. I remember being young and my cousins use to be counting shyt loads of money on the table.. Stashing mcdonalds bags full of money in my closet..driving range rovers and rocking big ass chains..

I aint realize what they was doing till i was older but they was really getting it..them nikkaz was serving bricks to white ceos of major companies and shyt..

If you grew up in this time you was either getting hella money or smoking the crack aint no in between lol

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes. I remember being young and my cousins use to be counting shyt loads of money on the table.. Stashing mcdonalds bags full of money in my closet..driving range rovers and rocking big ass chains..

I aint realize what they was doing till i was older but they was really getting it..them nikkaz was serving bricks to white ceos of major companies and shyt..

If you grew up in this time you was either getting hella money or smoking the crack aint no in between lol

Where your cousins at now?

Daps
Reppin
Westside Atl Perry Homes
I was gonna narrow it down to just NYC, but probably applies everywhere else... when you always read these stories and see pictures, it shows an abundance of people getting money. It literally looks like everybody was eating. Was it really like that?
It was really like that. Miss those days.

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
Yes, it was.

I was almost kidnapped in a McDonald's when I was about 10 months old. My mom's tells everyone that story. The 80's were wild times.

King Jae

Banned
Daps
Yea... overnight millionaires were really a thing... Couldn't go outside after 8 when I was little...some nagas was making more than their teachers in the 7th grade:hubie:

silk scarfs

All Star
Daps
uncles and some cousins use to sell crack idk how much money they was getting cause it was before i was born or i was too young to remember

but all of them been to prison from like 5 - 10 years each of them and one of my uncles got deported

one thing inoe for certain was the level of violence they went through they was always carrying guns

they all been shot at some of my extended family got killed due to robberys and beef but i never knew of them because they side of the family cut off from mine

craziest story that inoe of personally is that nikkas caught my one my uncles and put a shotgun to his and stabbed him 11 times and said if he made a sound or moved they was guna blow his head off

they never told me nothing personally becuase they knew they didnt want to expose us to that to me and my cousins my age they knew we had a better chance of living good lives than they did

that era fukked allot of people up majority of them is 40+ living in they moms house sleeping on they couch or got serious addictions or in and out of shelters

and this isnt even of the worst places in new york during that era my moms family was in jackson heights in queens other areas was worse