To Work Or Not Work - Government Shutdown (Do You Go In)?

do you work without being paid.....

• yes, if i think my job is essential

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes, even if my job isn't essential... i most likely will get back pay

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • no, if my job is not essential....

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • no, even if my job is essential, i got bills to pay.. and what if i never get back pay..? f* maga!

Votes: 13 72.2%

• Total voters

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
the black cat is my crown...
if i'm a janitor and i have to work without pay and i'm not getting any back pay... *cough, cough* ..."boss, i'm sick... don't know what it is, i caught something helluva... i might be out for weeks"....

but if i'm the coast guard or i work for fema, damn... that's a dilemma there.... if i really care about helping people i'll feel compelled to show up, but it's hard to help others when you're doing without yourself... how do you head out the door, give your hungry wife a peck on the cheek, stare into the eyes of your starving children, then head off to work to help feed others...? ...."baby, you know i love you... i don't know how we're going to pay the mortgage this month... maybe we get another loan from your dad... he seems to like me... i'll talk to him when i get home"....

what do you do...? do you show up for work even if you're not getting paid and may never get paid or do you suddenly come down with a case of ebola... remember, some cats can work other jobs during the shutdown, but if they are called in as essential and forced to work without pay, they can't work that other job.... i'd hate to be in that position....

i'm bored and so are you....

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
the black cat is my crown...
30 days in and no pay. I think it's finally time for the workers to tell the gov't to fukk off and shut it down for real. There's no reason for this.
i feel what you're saying, but if you're tsa and you feel you are really making a difference, it might be hard to just say fukk it... border patrol, some of them are not getting paid... some of them feel they are the nation's first line of defense... it's a pickle to be in if you are really passionate about what you do...

19-

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
i feel what you're saying, but if you're tsa and you feel you are really making a difference, it might be hard to just say fukk it... border patrol, some of them are not getting paid... some of them feel they are the nation's first line of defense... it's a pickle to be in if you are really passionate about what you do...
as far as i see it trump basically telling these people none of that shyt they might care about matters. if it did he wouldnt hold them hostage over a horrible border wall idea thats going to cost everybody at least 5 billion. the only way they can illustrate that their jobs matter to him is by not working.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I'd certainly be applying for other jobs.

But again, this comes down to the dilemma of being a low skilled worker for many. :francis:

If you're in the coast guard this isn't up for debate.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I told all my old co-workers to fukk the law... :manny: Told my boy if they not paying you, find something else and quit its not worth the headache... the airport is stressful on top of you NOT getting paid??? FOH...:heh:

Even the head union bytch said these workers got no choice but to strike...:manny: its against the law, well forcing workers to work without pay is slavery and that's illegal too... senators get paid & they have billions for israel in the military budget but cannot allocate money for federal workers... :stopitslime: yeah, aight