Today In Boxing History... Gatti/Ward I

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
If there was one fight I wish I went to live that I could have easily...its this one...that 9th round is unbelievable....any other ref at the latest would have stopped the fight and give it to ward

That 9th round wasn't fighting. It was carnage.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
that fight finished ward..the other 2 were cash grabs..i ran into him some months ago..the light bulb is dimming if you know what i mean..boxing is a brutal sport brehs

Yeah I heard him on the radio talking to Randy Gordon and Gerry c00ney. Didn't sound too good.

As much as we love these types of fights, you have up feel some sort of sentiment towards the fighters afterwards knowing that they'll never be the same. And these two dudes did it two more times.

I love this sport but the damage I've seen it do to the human body is unrelenting.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Yeah I heard him on the radio talking to Randy Gordon and Gerry c00ney. Didn't sound too good.

As much as we love these types of fights, you have up feel some sort of sentiment towards the fighters afterwards knowing that they'll never be the same. And these two dudes did it two more times.

I love this sport but the damage I've seen it do to the human body is unrelenting.

at least to my knowledge dude has managed that boxing money well from those gatti fights..he owns properties all over lowell, which is his hometown..he has a gym which ive been meaning to go take a look at it

but yeah theres a good and a bad side to boxing..the human body isnt meant to take blunt force trauma..esp the type ward and gatti laid on each other in that trilogy

Daps
Gatti's face from that body shot in the 9th:sadcam:

gatti's face in the corner:mjcry: dude was out of it,mcgirt had to hold his face up to speak to him....

I remember saying at the beginning of the 1oth.."good stoppage...what a fight" then ref comes out with "noooo, the fight aint over" Im like:wow:

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
Perfect late night fight I was marking the fukk out. Casuals need to peep these type of fights they get sucked into the hype too much then wanna claim boxing dead. The blood and gut fights still exist casuals just don't wanna put effort in same people that cry bout hiphop depending on radio in 2015 for dope music

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Gatti's face from that body shot in the 9th:sadcam:

gatti's face in the corner:mjcry: dude was out of it,mcgirt had to hold his face up to speak to him....

I remember saying at the beginning of the 1oth.."good stoppage...what a fight" then ref comes out with "noooo, the fight aint over" Im like:wow:

man i think every doctor and official in that arena that night was in gatti's corner after that round..buddy was horrified at that shyt

i mean look at the connect percentages for power punch stat for that round
Capture.PNG

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
Gonna rewatch this again this weekend. Cosign steward emotion during a fight he was marking out. Lampley had one of his better calls this fight too its nice seeing annoucers let loose

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Great fukking fight........:ohlawd:

meanwhile on Showtime that same night, Kosta was pitching a boring ass shut out against Ben Tackie. :what: (Who would have guessed a fight between 2 punchers would be boring as fukk)