Tom Cruise To Star In Alejandro G. Iñárritu's Next Film At Warner Bros. And Legendary

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

EXCLUSIVE: In what would mark Alejandro Iñárritu first English-language pic since his smash hit The Revenant, sources tell Deadline Warner Bros. and Legendary Entertainment are in negotiations for an Untitled Alejandro G. Iñárritu film starring Tom Cruise.

The film is produced and directed by Iñárritu with a new script he co-wrote in 2023 with Sabina Berman as well as Alexander Dinelaris, and Nicolas Giacobone, his co-writers on Birdman, reuniting a decade later.This also marks the first film for Cruise (who will also produce) following the announcement of the strategic partnership with Warner Bros last month. It’s expected Legendary will also produce.

This project is being as treated as top secret as it gets with no plot details available at this time other then it being a new original story written by Iñárritu. What is known is that in recent weeks the Oscar-winning director has been taking meetings with a select few actors with Cruise being one of first. The A-list movie star has been hungry to finding that next project and moved quickly to get a meeting with Iñárritu once he was made aware the director was moving forward with his next big studio film and once the meeting finished, Cruise was on board.

Tom was serious when he said he wanted to get back to working in more auteur-driven projects. :leon:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I hope he gets it. Cruise is actually a great actor in those serious, complex roles. The newer generations who only know him from ‘Mission Impossible’ and ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ are about to recognize.
Great is too much he is solid, shines his best in support roles.

That said I'm shocked to see cruise break his relationship with paramount.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Great is too much he is solid, shines his best in support roles.

That said I'm shocked to see cruise break his relationship with paramount.
Nah, he’s a great actor to me. ‘Born on the Fourth of July’, ‘Rain Man’, ‘Magnolia’, ‘Jerry Maguire’, ‘Eyes Wide Shut’, ‘Vanilla Sky’, ‘Collateral’, etc. I hold those performances high. There’s a reason so many accomplished directors want to work with him.

Piffiztheanswer

L'immortale
Daps
Reppin
The International Scene
Man, I hope he gets it. Cruise is actually a great actor in those serious, complex roles. The newer generations who only know him from ‘Mission Impossible’ and ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ are about to recognize.
Cruise got classik pon classik. Worked with every major director. Every genre except horror (Interview isnt unless you 5 years old)

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Nah, he’s a great actor to me. ‘Rain Man’, ‘Magnolia’, ‘Jerry Maguire’, ‘Eyes Wide Shut’, ‘Vanilla Sky’, ‘Collateral’. I hold those performances high. There’s a reason so many accomplished directors have worked with him.
Eyes wide shut vanilla sky were terrible movies to me, not because of him but vanilla sky should have never been remade and eyes wide shut was Kubrick at his worst

Collateral was a solid Mann movie but he had lost his touch by the , that said I saw cruise more of the support than lead which allowed him to stand out more.

Again rain man he was a solid lead but I don't see the great work.

His best roles in acting to me was as support in interview with a vampire and tropic thunder

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Eyes wide shut vanilla sky were terrible movies to me, not because of him but vanilla sky should have never been remade and eyes wide shut was Kubrick at his worst

Collateral was a solid Mann movie but he had lost his touch by the , that said I saw cruise more of the support than lead which allowed him to stand out more.

Again rain man he was a solid lead but I don't see the great work.

His best roles in acting to me was as support in interview with a vampire and tropic thunder
Respect your opinion and we’ll just agree to disagree there. EWS is actually my favorite from Kubrick.

The scene where Cruise is in the taxi battling thoughts of his wife’s willingness in possibly having an affair with that one Naval officer. Felt like I was watching a man’s soul burn slowly in real-time. Miss that level of introspection in his roles nowadays.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Respect your opinion and we’ll just agree to disagree there. EWS is actually my favorite from Kubrick.

The scene where Cruise is in the taxi battling the thoughts of his wife’s willingness in possibly having an affair with that one Naval officer. Felt like I was watching a man’s soul burn slowly in real-time. Miss that level of introspection in his roles nowadays.
I will say I thought the concept was done better and performed better by Woody Harrison in indecent proposal

That said nothing wrong with agreeing to disagree.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Going for the GOAT title before he retires. Already the greatest action star in his generation. A few great oscar great roles and he might be in the GOAT actor discussions