TOP 5 MID CARD CHAMPIONSHIP REIGNS ever

Superstar
Daps
This thread is all WWF/E and WCW, huh? I'm gonna say AJ Styles' reign as X-Division champion needs to be on this list. In fact, I think you could argue it should be number one. Not only did AJ build that belt from the ground up, he made it matter more than the WHC. You can talk about how the IC title was briefly more legitimate than the WHC, but the X-Division title was THE title in TNA. Not only that, but the "X-Division Style" influenced an entire generation of indie wrestlers.

We'll never see a mid-card title have that much influence again in wrestling history. Calling it.

aj-styles.jpg

DocZulu

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only wrestling junkies will remember the X-Division title in its heyday. Damn shame that TNA is so incompetent. They could have revolutionized the industry.

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
does RVD really count as mid card tho? he was the main event/draw right?
I remember the Anarchy Rulz ppv that was Taz's last mach before leaving to WWE, he dropped the belt to Mike Awesome in that Triple Threat Match and had all the locker room come out and hug him goodbye... you would think that is a perfect way to end the ppv but I was :whoo: when I discovered that the main event of the night after Taz's moment was RVD vs Balls Mahoney for the TV Title. Aroudn that time the Television Title was the most important belt of that company which is why I'm :snoop:that RVD got hurt before his match against Mike Awesome for both his ECW Title and RVD's Television on the line.