Top UK Brexit official & Boris Johnson resign; Theresa May's government in crisis

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So...

Pledge a new referendum?

What if that backfires and it's still Brexit?
Yes, there is ample ammunition to support the peoples vote plan. The political conditions are nothing like they were during the first vote, which was filled with hypotheticals and misleading claims. There is on-the-record evidence now of how there is no appetite for bilateral deals within the EU or even in the United States, and we see how the Brexit negotiations have gone. UKIP has been obliterated and the Tories are in shambles. A confident Labour leadership could easily get a positive result, but fact is Corbyns recitience has nothing to do with the possibility of losing the vote.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Yes, there is ample ammunition to support the peoples vote plan. The political conditions are nothing like they were during the first vote, which was filled with hypotheticals and misleading claims. There is on-the-record evidence now of how there is no appetite for bilateral deals within the EU or even in the United States, and we see how the Brexit negotiations have gone. UKIP has been obliterated and the Tories are in shambles. A confident Labour leadership could easily get a positive result, but fact is Corbyns recitience has nothing to do with the possibility of losing the vote.
If people still want Brexit, a choice between an EEA-style 'soft' Brexit and 'hard' Brexit that put the UK firmly outside the single market would be a real world choice. Those are the only two options that are internally consistent and negotiable with the EU.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If people still want Brexit, a choice between an EEA-style 'soft' Brexit and 'hard' Brexit that put the UK firmly outside the single market would be a real world choice. Those are the only two options that are internally consistent and negotiable with the EU.

There is more than 2 options. The soft Brexit option is implausible on the Tory side ( this is what the current crisis is about) and it would be implausible on the EU side without concessiosn that go against exactly what Brexit was supposed to end (like free movement). Its either Hard Brexit or another vote, and a campaign for the latter could easily succeed in the current political climate.

Corbyn would rather let a mortally wounded Tory party continue to fumble, and pray for a vote of no-confidence along the way. Youd think this dude had the biggest electoral victory in Labour history, the way Corbyn supporters talk about his vote gains the last election.

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps
Would Brexit lead to any potential comeups or good opportunities to make some moves as a young black person? Could there be wealth distribution, white supremacy failing, etc?

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
Wait that alt right piece of garbage Boris Johnson finally got canned :ohhh:
That dude set the precedent for another notorious right wing homosexual with a British accent :stopitslime:

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
I think we give Putin too much credit on Brexit

I don't even know where all this Putin talk is coming from. The UK has been ambivalent (to use a euphemism) towards the EU since forever, lest we forget Margaret "I want my money back" Thatcher. They've never been commited to the EU and Europe in general, one only has to look at the opt-outs and Schengen.