TOPIC OF THE DAY (Voting Poll) : Is Gender REALLY A Social Construct?

Is Gender A Social Construct?

• Total voters

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I was watching some lectures of how some said that we are naked and nothing when are in the womb :manny: Then, they said after we are born we are just people. I think Gender is NOT REPEAT is NOT a social construct. However:jawalrus:, I wonder why people say it is. Clearly our genitalia makes up our gender:francis: So, what re your thoughts people :patrice: Just thought about making something new and interesting for discussion.

My Little Pony in the background :wtf:

Last edited:

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Gender is a social construct(I thought) because that's what its defined as.

And sex is the actual physicals.
So, basically there's no such thing as male or female? That makes no sense because Science even told us that we have genders. Men have parts that women don't have in there anatomy and same thing for women.

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Daps
Reppin
flowerpots
it is a social construct

you pick out a peach shirt as a man because you think it would fit you well and your friend tells you to put that fakkit shyt down and you put it down and pick a black or gray shirt instead-- that wasn't a natural act. You picking the different shirt is socialization.

FSP

Banned
Daps
I think a more appropriate term would be biological construct

If sex was ambiguous then creating children would be confusing at best

Gender roles are social constructs however, 100%

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Yes and no.

Yes CERTAIN roles are social constructs. We can look all around the world and even family to family and see that the roles of what is expected from each gender can vary dramatically.

No because biologically there are things about our make up that naturally put us into gender roles.

Example 1. Child birth and care. Men can not cultivate life within their bodies, they can not give birth nor can they nurse a child (but they can body feed). This traits are 100% female traits that are not dynamic making them some of core principals of the feminine.

Example 2. The higher testosterone and superior strengthen in males. Since the female cares for the child it only makes since that the male should be the natural protector of the family. His hormonal make up is a testiment to that.

Both examples are physical traits that are determined by your sex not by society. Everything else is culture.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Pretty soon people are going to have babies and some "progressive" jagaloon is gonna show up to the hospital with a Hallmark card that reads "Congratulations! It's a thing!"
And they'll hand you a gender neutral gift like a toddler-sized salad fork

:mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots
Yes and no.

Yes CERTAIN roles are social constructs. We can look all around the world and even family to family and see that the roles of what is expected from each gender can vary dramatically.

No because biologically there are things about our make up that naturally put us into gender roles.

Example 1. Child birth and care. Men can not cultivate life within their bodies, they can not give birth nor can they nurse a child (but they can body feed). This traits are 100% female traits that are not dynamic making them some of core principals of the feminine.

Example 2. The higher testosterone and superior strengthen in males. Since the female cares for the child it only makes since that the male should be the natural protector of the family. His hormonal make up is a testiment to that.

Both examples are physical traits that are determined by your sex not by society. Everything else is culture.
repped :dj2:

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Pretty soon people are going to have babies and some "progressive" jagaloon is gonna show up to the hospital with a Hallmark card that reads "Congratulations! It's a thing!"
And they'll hand you a gender neutral gift like a toddler-sized salad fork

:mjlol:
:dead:

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
GAYS TWIST THE WORDS AROUND SO MUCH WITH THIS. THEY DON'T SAY THEY IDENTIFY AS MANLY OR FEMININE. THEY SAY THEY IDENTIFY AS A MAN OR WOMAN. THOSE WORDS ARE NOT INTERCHANGABLE.
Right. I use the terms man, woman, boy, girl, her, him etc based on the biological sex of the person. Since when are those term used depending on your outfit or however you feel that day?