Trailer: Fifty Shades of Black (Marlon Wayans, Mike Epps, Affion Crockett)

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Marlon desperately needs to pair up with a straight man. That's why he always works so well with Shawn. He needs someone to counter his buffonery

The funny thing about Marlon too is that he's shown quite a few times that he can be good without going extra goofy with his shyt. So now that he's like 40+, he should start trying to do more in that light and reel it in a bit. Save the buffonery shyt for short skits like his Halloween joint on WhatTheFunny where it works best, in smaller doses rather than a full fledge film.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
The funny thing about Marlon too is that he's shown quite a few times that he can be good without going extra goofy with his shyt. So now that he's like 40+, he should start trying to do more in that light and reel it in a bit. Save the buffonery shyt for short skits like his Halloween joint on WhatTheFunny where it works best, in smaller doses rather than a full fledge film.

This.

Put him in a more subdued, premium-feel type comedy and he'd be really funny.

When you can turn it up to 100, playing at about 70 then bumping the dial in chosen spots can be really effective.

That's kinda the feel I got from this trailer, it's just the subject matter is :ld:.

He's a really good actor, he just needs to find a part to play where the character is more than a sketch character.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
This.

Put him in a more subdued, premium-feel type comedy and he'd be really funny.

When you can turn it up to 100, playing at about 70 then bumping the dial in chosen spots can be really effective.

That's kinda the feel I got from this trailer, it's just the subject matter is :ld:.

He's a really good actor, he just needs to find a part to play where the character is more than a sketch character.

Right. Like, his role in 'The Heat', I was pleasantly surprised and fairly relieved to see that in a that sort of movie, him of all people was actually the straight man rather than him going full retard like he tends to do in most of his own films. It was even more kudos too since as one of only 2 black characters in the movie, he wasn't c00ning it up or having a standard black guy role. Only complaint was that they didn't give his character a bit more role to the film.

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
He ain't in this for art, he's in it to get paid. Found his niche and is cashing in. Dude does have real acting talent but I'm guessing he doesn't want to waste his time fighting for real roles and making tiny fractions of what he gets paid for these joints, especially because he's getting those writer checks and those producer checks