[TRAVEL] Going to New York (Brooklyn) for 1st time *2018UPDATE* in a few hours...Lace Me

Earnings

Ele Jefe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Victory Lane
NY folks and visitors...Help ya breh out (1st timer)

Must visit sights/places?
Best bars/food(seafood, sushi, vegetarian,soul,jamaican,chinese)?
Nightlife?
Weed? (Smoke walking around/between bars cool)
Areas to avoid? (fukkery,tourist traps)

In a nutshell Must Do's/Most Don'ts and Places to kick it and eat...

Ppreciate the help yall!!

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
NY folks and visitors...Help ya breh out (1st timer)

Must visit sights/places? Ft. Greene, Prospect Park, Brooklyn Heights, Bed Stuy, Bushwick

Best bars/food(seafood, sushi, vegetarian,soul,jamaican,chinese)? Tilly's BK, Sisters on Myrtle, Catfish for decent Cajun food, The areas to avoid probably have the best chinese (Ghetto Chinese) Hole in the wall Jamaican spots usually have the best food but if you want Jerk Chicken or something like it, go to the spot on Flatbush Ave and Woodruffe. Mangoseed on Flatbush has a good Caribbean Brunch. Woodland on Flatbush and Bergen has good brunch party as well.

Nightlife? Cant help you here, Im 35+ but I can recommend bars in any of the above neighborhoods that are pretty good to drink and mix.

Weed? (Smoke walking around/between bars cool) You can walk around smoking but in specific neighborhoods. I wouldn't risk walking down Flatbush smoking a blunt, but a little j, why not.

Areas to avoid? (fukkery,tourist traps) East New York, Brownsville, East Flatbush

In a nutshell Must Do's/Most Don'ts and Places to kick it and eat...

Ppreciate the help yall!!

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Pro-tip. Stay away from Williamsburg and Greenpoint. Worst part of Brooklyn by far...nothing but hipster transplants and eurotrash tourists.

The LES off Delancey where Ludlow, Clinton, and Rivington is is poppin. Ofcourse I rarely spend time in teh city.
Bedford-Stuyvesant, Bushwick, Prospect Heights, Crown Heights, and such are cool.
east New York isn't as bad as people make it seems. I lived down there for 3 months in 2015. Never had a problem, there just isnt' much to do.
Nightlife: Bossa Nova Civic Club is cool. But there's too much to do here.

Smoking: I be smoking blunts out on the street during work breaks, haven't ever dealt with cops.

Food: Kinka, Mission Restaurant, Katz, La Isla

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
new york is the biggest toilet bowl on the face of the earth. if you go there you will get robbed and maybe even raped bc it is a scientific fact that like 80 percent of the 'men' there are homosexuals who like other men. the women are atrocious and speak in a strange 'orcish' manner of speaking. it is a guttural and uncouth tongue devoid of the light of god. truthfully, the only way i would ever go to new york is if i was about to drop an atomic bomb on that cesspool of decadence and deplorability.

DatNkkaCutty

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@ PA

Earnings

Ele Jefe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Victory Lane
@Tupac in a Business Suit shoot me those bars when u got a chance breh... Ima 28yoOG so Im pretty much done with the young ratchet scene... Plus I'm going with my girl...Bars and lounges is my taste for the most part

Far as the hood, I'm from that so when I say avoid Im speaking in that sense... Places that's jus too turnt and full of fukkery is what I like to steer clear of... Dropping thru the hood for some food or whatever aint bout nothin

Also ima joint/spliff smoker no blunts

Last edited:

Earnings

Ele Jefe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Victory Lane
They got a nice 3AM after hours spot over in Brownsville on Friday nights. Be sure to get flossy....wear all your jewels...and take a bag to f*ck up...You should eat over there....:lolbron:
:dead:

That's fukked up breh... First time or not... I know enough hip-hop/street culture that Brownsville aint nothin to fukk with... They had some pink houses on AIRBNB that looked nice over there tho :troll: