Travis Scott is a top 3 talent from the "New School"

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
I don't strictly mean from 2010 onwards, but I'm thinking about that Drake, Kendrick, Cole bracket and so on. Travis' music is just on another fukking level. Drake's music has been poor for the most part and inconsistent and too sappy. Cole is trash. Kendrick is phenomenal. Travis is right up there.

People like to accuse him of being a Shang Tsung but I think his ability to switch up flows where he can sound like Kanye or Swae Lee or whoever is damn impressive. Not to mention, it works both ways. Kanye adopted a Travis type rap style from Yeezus onwards and you have rappers like Quavo imitating him now (but not nearly as well).

His discography is impeccable. Owl Pharaoh, his worst project, still has bangers. Days Before Rodeo is a GOAT level mixtape (or project period). Rodeo will go down as a classic. Astroworld is at worst the album of 2018. Birds had a ton of great shyt and his greatest hit - Goosebumps.

I'm not saying he's a top tier MC, but he can still rap well enough. He makes great fukking MUSIC though. His musical intuition, his ability to make an album with an assortment of rich sounds and still make it sound cohesive and thorough is unmatched by his peers. He's also had his fair share of production work, especially earlier in his career. His adlib game is legendary. His live performances are literally GOAT.

This dude hasn't set a foot wrong in this rap game yet.

Let's appreciate while he's still in his prime!

tumblr_ng0apyJJl11r9spw1o1_500.gif

tumblr_p7hiz9g66q1vbx1sko1_500.gif

ForcefulHappyFlatfish-size_restricted.gif

BonyWarmheartedAlligatorsnappingturtle.gif

:fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
mo city vampire

enjoy the music

but if we don't hype pop acts we can't hype trav

there is still a value in what you do yourself in hip.hop/rap

folks ain't all the way comfortable with that culture of claiming credit for other peoples work like in other genres

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
mo city vampire

enjoy the music

but if we don't hype pop acts we can't hype trav

there is still a value in what you do yourself in hip.hop/rap

folks ain't all the way comfortable with that culture of claiming credit for other peoples work like in other genres

He's not a pop act since as far as we know, he writes his own shyt. Again, it's not Nas, but it's serviceable especially in this day and age. He actually stepped up lyrically from Birds on this latest album, Astroworld.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
He's not a pop act since as far as we know, he writes his own shyt. Again, it's not Nas, but it's serviceable especially in this day and age. He actually stepped up lyrically from Birds on this latest album, Astroworld.
he has a gang of writers helping him

particularly on hooks you know his bars by their vapidness so when you get something lucid it's probably cyhi's pen or someone else jahahahahaa

he's like the super watered down version of ye talent wise

he knows how to identify talent then bring it together to make some good background noise

at least we know ye was/is a monster on production with trav i can't say he's elite at anything outside riding waves & getting hype

i enjoy his stuff but imma empty the clip when folks try & boost him like he's god.level

:pachaha:

nah b

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
he has a gang of writers helping him

particularly on hooks you know his bars by their vapidness so when you get something lucid it's probably cyhi's pen or someone else jahahahahaa

he's like the super watered down version of ye talent wise

he knows how to identify talent then bring it together to make some good background noise

at least we know ye was/is a monster on production with trav i can't say he's elite at anything outside riding waves & getting hype

i enjoy his stuff but imma empty the clip when folks try & boost him like he's god.level

:pachaha:

nah b

I'm not denying that there's probably some talent pool working around him, but that's the case with almost every artist nowadays. The days of criticising sharks and biters and encouraging people to write your own shyt and the general standard of lyricism has all fallen by the wayside.

People shouldn't take for granted that he makes excellent albums. He picks the right features, picks the right sounds, oversees the project expertly well. Even if lyrically he ain't up there, his flows are fantastic and well varied. He has melodies. He's a total package imo. He's comparable to Ye imo. Maybe not as talented as Ye in his prime, that's debatable. But he's clearly learnt well from the master.

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
I wouldn't even consider Drake, Cole or hell, even Travis new school. It's been almost half a decade on Travis, bruh.

That's why I phrased it as "new school". Basically that group of rappers. That era, you can throw ASAP Rocky and others in there too.

Not entirely true, Pick up the phone came straight from Starrah

He barely rapped on that thing anyway. That was Thug and Quavo mainly. I'm looking at the overall picture.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
I'm not denying that there's probably some talent pool working around him, but that's the case with almost every artist nowadays. The days of criticising sharks and biters and encouraging people to write your own shyt and the general standard of lyricism has all fallen by the wayside.

People shouldn't take for granted that he makes excellent albums. He picks the right features, picks the right sounds, oversees the project expertly well. Even if lyrically he ain't up there, his flows are fantastic and well varied. He has melodies. He's a total package imo. He's comparable to Ye imo. Maybe not as talented as Ye in his prime, that's debatable. But he's clearly learnt well from the master.
you hyping him up as a top3 talent of his generation

how¿

not elite at anything outside of assembling other talent & spazzing out on elaborate live stage sets

:camby:

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
you hyping him up as a top3 talent of his generation

how¿

not elite at anything outside of assembling other talent & spazzing out on elaborate live stage sets

For the reasons I explained in my previous post.
:gucci:

Anyway, let me put it like this: who's making better music than Travis from his generation? If you can't find more than 2-3 others, then my OP title holds true.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
For the reasons I explained in my previous post.
:gucci:

Anyway, let me put it like this: who's making better music than Travis from his generation? If you can't find more than 2-3 others, then my OP title holds true.
you can go & search who's selling more who's streaming more

as far as better if you feel he's better that's how you feel

i feel like someone who is not elite at any of the skills involved in making music ain't top nothing

ain't out barring anyone ain't producing no bangers with his own hands

quit

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
you can go & search who's selling more who's streaming more

as far as better if you feel he's better that's how you feel

i feel like someone who is not elite at any of the skills involved in making music ain't top nothing

ain't out barring anyone ain't producing no bangers with his own hands

quit

Right...this is an opinion.

Since you haven't given any names, I feel even more reassured in my statement in the OP.

I just listed a bunch of things he's elite at doing barring the lyricism and you skipped right over it.

Maybe you're one of those Tech N9ne fans...