Triple H talks about state of WWE product, contemplates dedicating hour of RAW to NXT

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
As noted, Triple H conducted an NXT Takeover London media conference call today, and the following are some more highlights from the call. You can listen to the full call audio in the player below.

On fan frustration with the current WWE TV product:

We just have to become more disciplined and more Creative with how we do things, and how we operate the shows. We’ve had some unfortunate situations with injuries and everything else. It’s on us to be more creative and come up with a better format; a better show. We hear people’s frustrations and in a lot of ways feel the same way. It’s fixing it. And, trying to fix it. It is what it is. How we fix it, we’re not 100 percent sure yet. But, we will get there. Trust me.”

WZ Daily host Nick Hausman asked Hunter why talents like Finn Balor have yet to be called up to the main WWE roster, and Triple H responded with the following:

The thing that I hate doing is, ‘Well, there’s a lot of injuries right now, so we’re going to pull this guy up,’ but then the injured guys will come back and then we’re not sure what we’ll do – now we have too many guys for the space.

I hate taking a guy as talented as Finn Balor and saying, ‘You’re the band-aid to hold us over until all these other guys come back and then we’ll see from there.’ If we don’t have that gameplan for when we call these guys up, especially for a Finn Balor, then it’s not the right time. You need to have something in your mind, and hopefully a long-term plan in place that gets them to where you want them to be. At least that would be the goal for me when guys come up.”

Triple H on possibly dedicating an hour of RAW to NXT

"If the thought would be to do it there that night, then you’re just doing a third hour. Then, it’s not NXT, then it’s not different and not a different feel and flavor. Is there a way to do that? Maybe. I think at the end of the day, three hours – no matter how you do it – is extremely difficult. I’ll be the first guy to admit that if I go to a movie and it’s longer than two hours, then I’m looking at my watch, no matter how good it is.”

Last edited:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
:mjlol: NO SYMPY (word to @Scott Steiner and @Scott_Steiner)

The only difference between the landscape now and 6 months ago (before all the injuries popped up) are the guys who are reading the lines.

His stance on Finn makes complete sense but speaks to the greater problem of not having anything for ANYONE outside of the two guys in the main event picture for the 4 or so weeks before the PPV.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NYC
So he's saying they don't know what they're doing basically :leon: He's shooting out there huh.
he said the same thing during the austin interview.

basically translates to... "something is wrong but i don't know what it is and i don't know how to fix it"

this is who is in charge of the ship.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Hunter has been lowkey shytting on the writing team and Dunn for probably a year now. He admitted that they didn't want to push Bryan. It was actually HHH/Steph that convinced them that the Bryan thing was real and to give him a shot. Hunter went out there and put dude over right in the middle of the ring and later in the night his buddy Batista did the same thing. But because of injuries and the stubbornness of Vince and creative we never had a chance to see Bryan shine.

HHH is obviously more in tune with the current wrestling fan culture and NXT is a big example of that. It's simplified story telling that makes sense and helps get everyone over even in defeat. They also allow the wrestlers to cut their own promos and have influence in their characters. A wrestler is going to be more comfortable with something they helped create and something that is an extension of themselves than a corny character that creative threw at them.

He gets it. He signs the best talent. NXT is by far the best show under the WWE umbrella. Hell, he even knows that they have fukked up a couple of his guys already. Cokeboy will never step down though. Only when he can no longer show up to the arenas. If Vince is alive and well he will be there and he's so out of touch.

:wow:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
enough with the wishing death on Vince, y'all come off as terrible people.

I hope this person dies in hopes of a better tv show?

plus everyone knows it will just be handed down to his idiotic daughter and his doofus son-in-law and the rest of his stupid family.

SsScS7P.png

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
The Finn Balor point makes a lot of sense. And he's said it with almost every NXT guy that people want to get called up.

But the thing is...what was the long term plan for Kevin Owens? Cesaro? Neville? Bo Dallas?. If by long term plan he means coming up with a feud that will last 2 or 3 PPVs then that's a fukked up way of looking at things. Specially because we barely see any development from their characters, they normally debut, say who they are and maaaybe their motivations and then it all goes downhill.

The Shield is the only group of guys that were called up and protected to become something down the line, and they weren't even in NXT.

The Wyatt Family was also a real effort to give guys a chance. They eventually got fukked by booking but you could see a real plan behind them.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Finn Balor point makes a lot of sense. And he's done it with almost every NXT guy that people want to get called up.

But the thing is...what was the long term plan for Kevin Owens? Cesaro? Neville? Bo Dallas?. If by long term plan he means coming up with a feud that will last 2 or 3 PPVs then that's a fukked up way of looking at things. Specially because we barely see any development from their characters, they normally debut, say who they are and maaaybe their motivations and then it all goes downhill.

The Shield is the only group of guys that were called up and protected to become something down the line, and they weren't even in NXT.

The Wyatt Family was also a real effort to give guys a chance. They eventually got fukked by booking but you could see a real plan behind them.
Cesaro wasn't in NXT

Reigns and Rollins both were, only Ambrose skipped nxt