Trump calls on Congress to pull back $15 billion in spending, including on CHIPs

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
By Damian Paletta and Erica Werner May 7 at 2:38 PM Email the author
President Trump is sending a plan to Congress that calls for stripping more than $15 billion in previously approved spending, with the hope that it will temper conservative angst over ballooning budget deficits.

Almost half of the proposed cuts would come from two accounts within the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) that White House officials said expired last year or are not expected to be drawn upon. An additional $800 million in cuts would come from money created by the Affordable Care Act in 2010 to test innovative payment and service delivery models.

Those are just a handful of the more than 30 programs the White House is proposing to Congress for “rescission,” a process of culling back money that was previously authorized. Once the White House sends the request to Congress, lawmakers have 45 days to vote on the plan or a scaled-back version of it through a simple majority vote.

If approved by Congress, the reductions would represent less than 0.4 percent of total government spending this year.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...b648abe29ef_story.html?utm_term=.9372954af158

continued in link

This didn't get enough air yesterday, not sure if you guys missed it

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Will not get through the Senate but the proposal is disgusting nonetheless.

If approved by Congress, the reductions would represent less than 0.4 percent of total government spending this year.

Rep. Mark Walker (R-N.C.) said in an interview that conservatives were given assurances from the White House that this package would be the first of several, and he said lawmakers were anxious to get started on the cuts. “I hope it’s never painted that this is just symbolic or a political gesture,” Walker said. “We think it’s very legitimate.”

:scust:

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
Sure why not. At this point I'm an accellerationist about the whole thing.

The faster the downfall the better. The Phoenix will rise from the ashes and all of that .

The party ain't jumping like it used to :mjcry:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Sure why not. At this point I'm an accellerationist about the whole thing.

The faster the downfall the better. The Phoenix will rise from the ashes and all of that .

The party ain't jumping like it used to :mjcry:

Won't help black folks.

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
Won't help black folks.
Until Republicans are out of power this shyt is going to happen. I like my pain quick instead of drawn out. I have no delusions this will help black people. This is why this dude and these people need to be out asap.

I'm very apathetic about the whole country and this government at the moment which is where I'm coming from. Due to the fukk up of 2016 we're going to suffer until the fall and 2020 and hopefully it ends there. But I won't be surprised to be disappointed .

Last edited: