Two time Cuban Olympic Champion Robeisy Ramirez PRO debut set for August 10 in Philly

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
Robeisy Ramirez pro debut set for August 10 in Philadelphia - The Ring
Robeisy_Ramirez_Top_Rank-770x568.jpg

Two-time Olympic gold medalist Robeisy Ramirez will make his long-awaited pro debut on Aug. 10, Top Rank announced Wednesday morning.

The six-round bout will take place at the Liacouras Center in Philadelphia. The fight will take place on the undercard of the Carl Frampton-Emmanuel Dominguez featherweight bout (ESPN+, 6:30 p.m. ET/ 3:30 p.m. PT).

Ramirez defeated featherweight contender and Top Rank stablemate Shakur Stevenson in the final at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro. At just 18, Ramirez became the second youngest Olympic gold medalist (after American Leo Randolph) at the 2012 Games in London.

The 25-year-old Ramirez defected from the Cuban National Team one year ago this month while at a training camp in Mexico. Ramirez fielded several promotional offers before deciding on Top Rank.

“I started boxing when I was 10 years old,” said Ramirez. “After winning two Olympic gold medals, I knew I wanted to join the world of professional boxing. I hope I can achieve the same success professionally that I did as an amateur, and I believe that Top Rank will provide me with the path to fulfill my dreams.”

It should be interesting to see how fast Top Rank pushes Ramirez and how he can acclimate to the pro game.

Ramirez is eager to accept any and all challenges towards his goal of winning a world title belt.

“I am 25 years old with a lot of experience fighting the best fighters in the world. This is the first step on my journey to a professional world title.”

Francisco A. Salazar has written for RingTV.com since October of 2013 and has covered boxing in Southern California and abroad since 2000. Francisco also covers boxing for the Ventura County (Calif.) Star newspaper, Boxingscene.com, and FightNights.com. He can be reached by email at [email protected] or on Twitter at FSalazarBoxing

Some of his amateur fights:

same breh that put the beats on Stevenson

I thinkl uncle Bob is sitting on another gold mine here :whh:

what's yall take? :lupe:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Robeisy Ramirez pro debut set for August 10 in Philadelphia - The Ring
Robeisy_Ramirez_Top_Rank-770x568.jpg

Some of his amateur fights:

same breh that put the beats on Stevenson

I thinkl uncle Bob is sitting on another gold mine here :whh:

what's yall take? :lupe:

Imo Bob's bought him to later use him as a Shakur Stevenson stepping stone, selling the fight as the rematch of the Olympics final
If Ramirez stays focused and not getting carried away by the party life of Miami he might beat Shakur again though and then Bob will be mad af like he was when Rigo schooled Donaire:mjlol:

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
Imo Bob's bought him to later use him as a Shakur Stevenson stepping stone, selling the fight as the rematch of the Olympics final
If Ramirez stays focused and not getting carried away by the party life of Miami he might beat Shakur again though and then Bob will be mad af like he was when Rigo schooled Donaire:mjlol:

I remember that shyt :dead:
young breh has the tools to be a top tier pro but his life outside the ring has me lookin at his kinda funny :patrice:

breh just had twins, he now has 3 kids at 25 years old and he aint even had his first pro fight :francis:

but he got some training vids too tho

hopefully he stays focused and fukk up Arum's plans :mjpls:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I remember that shyt :dead:
young breh has the tools to be a top tier pro but his life outside the ring has me lookin at his kinda funny :patrice:

breh just had twins, he now has 3 kids at 25 years old and he aint even had his first pro fight :francis:

but he got some training vids too tho

hopefully he stays focused and fukk up Arum's plans :mjpls:

:russ:
I don’t have anything against Shakur though
I want the better man to come out on top

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
these cuban fighters man...they come here and they lose their discipline..some it maybe sooner..some maybe later but it happens

this maybe a wake up call and hopefully dude learns from all of this

He lost?! Goddamn :picard:

You were right. Living the high life before he even stepped into the ring on that bigger stage