Tyler, The Creator Speaks On State of Music Discourse

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
Facts...internet and social media has changed the way people's brains work...

I've met so many people who say they don't like an artist and I say name two songs by them and they can't....
Yup.

Everybody wants to be Skip Bayless with the hot takes, a charts/numbers obsessed weirdo like Akademiks, or engage in stan wars.

Twitter is especially guilty of this. Actual rap forums like this have more nuance though.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
tyler is one to talk, he got famous off abusing the very same system he's shytting on :heh: all that odd future bullshyt, gaytrolling with Will Smith's son, aint that gaming the system and hunting sheep nicca?

that being said if you feel something is mid, you dont have to articulate why you dont like it. it's america you're allowed to say as loud as you want that it's mid and move on w/o explanation. Same if you like something. i feel his whole style is mid and his music is equally mid and i don't have to explain why i feel that way if i dont want to :salute:

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
i half feel what he's saying. But cuz acts like we got here from nothing. There was a demand for short form opinions and stuff like twitter as more and more content began to be produced and delivered faster and faster. Likes & dislikes / Hot or Not Hot is a result of demand. The unfortunate side effect is that some people stop trying to formulate a full backstory in their head.

Ultimately, we aint got time to go into detail or to hear a detailed opinion from every single person like back in the radio days for instance. There's a new fire album every week damn near.

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
tyler is one to talk, he got famous off abusing the very same system he's shytting on :heh: all that odd future bullshyt, gaytrolling with Will Smith's son, aint that gaming the system and hunting sheep nicca?

that being said if you feel something is mid, you dont have to articulate why you dont like it. it's america you're allowed to say as loud as you want that it's mid and move on w/o explanation. Same if you like something. i feel his whole style is mid and his music is equally mid and i don't have to explain why i feel that way if i dont want to :salute:
Explain your first few sentences a little more. I'm trying to understand how Odd Future being rebellious and Tyler trolling has anything to do with a. "gaming the system and hunting sheep" and b. The point of the clip.

Unless you're a child, you should be able to explain why you like and or dislike something especially if you're in conversation with someone who's well versed in the subject. You're kinda proving his point.

I think he's taking shots at influencers and personalities nonetheless.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Who cares what this dude has to say? He got his so why is he trying to shyt on other people trying to make they dreams come true. Not everybody needs to have a thesis paper on why they like something. Either they fukk with it or they don't. That's it. Also the main ones talking that "energy" shyt be the biggest sheep too. How the hell can you use pseudointellectual shyt to debase another mans opinion. For a lot of people, music is just entertainment and something to pass the time.

Billie Jean

everything I did wrong...worked.
Daps
Reppin
Neverland
I've never liked this nikkas holier-than-thou attitude. He acts like the end all and be all for music. His music is TRASH and u never see his heroes like Pharrell talk this way, even tho they deserve to pop their shyt

He reminds me of a kid that just discovered something u BEEN knowing

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
Facts...internet and social media has changed the way people's brains work...

I've met so many people who say they don't like an artist and I say name two songs by them and they can't....

Because they already know they don't like them

Why would I remember songs by an artist I don't like

It's a waste of fukkin time listening to someone you don't like

Now I gotta know 2 of their songs to prove I don't like them

:mjlol:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I've never liked this nikkas holier-than-thou attitude. He acts like the end all and be all for music. His music is TRASH and u never see his heroes like Pharrell talk this way, even tho they deserve to pop their shyt

He reminds me of a kid that just discovered something u BEEN knowing
Is he wrong tho?