Udemy is offering a lot of IT courses for $11.99 for MLK Day

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
In there like swimwear

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
I don’t have any certs. Can I start with CompTIA Security+, or do I need to start with one of the fundamentals courses?

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
I don’t have any certs. Can I start with CompTIA Security+, or do I need to start with one of the fundamentals courses?

Do you work in the industry at all?

Comptia A+ is the "entry" cert and it covers a very board range of topics for IT.

I see more and more jobs looking for that as a starting point.

Some concepts for the Security+ may go over your head without at least the Network+.

I recommend getting the "Trifecta" (Comptia A+. Network+ and Security+) then see where you want to go from there in your career.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Maybe this is for another thread but I highly recommend that brehs who plan to take similar courses team up to do it together, it's easy to be held accountable and increase the odds of completing the course this way.

I remember some of the brehs got together to achieve getting the Google certs a ways back.

I recommend this because I've been trying to do this on my own and it's rough with no one to bounce questions and knowledge of off.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
YOu know you can learn that shyt for free off Youtube videos and Google searches

Of course. You either pay with money or pay with watching ads.

Home - Professor Messer IT Certification Training - CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+

Is a great dude to watch as well. All free.

Great course notes for like $20 I believe

If you maximize the wealth of knowledge, you have a better chance of passing. I'm offering one avenue, not the end all.

Sometimes one person explains it differently than the other which can help with learning.

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
Do you work in the industry at all?

Comptia A+ is the "entry" cert and it covers a very board range of topics for IT.

I see more and more jobs looking for that as a starting point.

Some concepts for the Security+ may go over your head without at least the Network+.

I recommend getting the "Trifecta" (Comptia A+. Network+ and Security+) then see where you want to go from there in your career.

Thanks. I was in helpdesk for many years. I just want to get some certs so I have more options. I really don’t wanna go back to doing helpdesk

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
I bought like 10 courses some yrs back and now I dont know how to get to them

When you login, they aren't under my courses?

I sign in with a Gmail account, did you sign in using an external account or a Udemy account?

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
I remember some of the brehs got together to achieve getting the Google certs a ways back.

I recommend this because I've been trying to do this on my own and it's rough with no one to bounce questions and knowledge of off.
There are a number of folks on this site who work in the industry and we have a subforum where you could ask any questions you have.