UFC 235 [3/2] “Does Jon Still Have The Juice?” (Jon Jones/Anthony Smith, Marty Usman/Tyron Woodley)

Who Wins Saturday Night?

• Jon Jones

Votes: 36 85.7%
  • Anthony Smith

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Tyron Woodley

Votes: 37 88.1%
  • Kamaru “Marty” Usman

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He was the reigning champ for multiple fights. I was under the impression that you get a rematch.
Dana only gives a rematch if he likes you and/or he feels you can make the UFC money, Woodley doesn't qualify under either and even if he did there's no reason to give him one for taking a lopsided 5 round asswhooping.

MF budz

All Star
Daps
Dana only gives a rematch if he likes you and/or he feels you can make the UFC money, Woodley doesn't qualify under either and even if he did there's no reason to give him one for taking a lopsided 5 round asswhooping.
I mean he kind of does though. He beat all those top guys. And had the belt for 3 years. I don't think woodley goes out like that again. But he's also 36 so who knows. If they want to make tyron fight someone not named usman who should he fight?

But to your first part Dana is going to make sure he doesn't get a chance at the belt regardless even if he goes on a 3 fight win streak. He's hoping Woodley retires . He truly doesn't like him.

MF budz

All Star
Daps
Yeah dumbass his fukking arm dropped limp he was out for a sec and the ref jumped in. I understand resting but when you’re in a fight that could be stopped for a submission you don’t drop your fukking arm like you’re dead.
:Highthinking: what the fukk were you watching? It was around his head and not even a neck crank. He dropped his arm down cause there was no point to keep it up on askren head. he wanted askren to burn his arms out trying to "sub" him. If you're out you don't come back THAT fast with that look.

Gunz&Butta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Jon Jones v. Anthony Smith - Jones via submission

Tyron Woodley v. Kamaru Usman - Woodley via UD

Robbie Lawler v. Ben Askren - Lawler via UD

Was going to say Jones wins via UD, but looking at him in videos, the guy is looking like a heavyweight. He will probably be 225+ on fight night. I think he fights Anthony Smith from range in the first round, setting him up for the submission in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Would love to go for my Naija brother, but I feel Woodley will eke out a decision. Think it's going to be more of a wrestling match than anything which T-Wood will edge.

Not impressed by what I've seen from Askren tbh. Or maybe I just don't like his fighting style. Yes he puts tremendous pressure on his opponent, but I've also seen a fight where he got all of his take downs stuffed before the fight ended in a NC. Lawler has good take down defense (although he's been submitting by triangle choke several times).
Naija no dey carry last.:ufdup:

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean he kind of does though. He beat all those top guys. And had the belt for 3 years. I don't think woodley goes out like that again. But he's also 36 so who knows. If they want to make tyron fight someone not named usman who should he fight?

But to your first part Dana is going to make sure he doesn't get a chance at the belt regardless even if he goes on a 3 fight win streak. He's hoping Woodley retires . He truly doesn't like him.
Nah he really doesn't deserve shyt, its not like he had some dominating title reign or was even all that entertaining

Truefan31

Superstar
Daps
Nah he really doesn't deserve shyt, its not like he had some dominating title reign or was even all that entertaining

yeah i respect Woodley but some of his fights were really hard to watch.

Bones though, he's too good. Can't get in on him w/his 84'' reach, he kicking and punching you at all times, he's the GOAT

DougFunnY

Make it a win
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn

If four title defenses don't qualify for a rematch then what does? There's no excuse for him not to get a rematch when you consider the examples I mentioned in my previous post

MF budz

All Star
Daps
You're right beating the best guys in the division isn't good at all. Casuals man. He fought smart and not stupid. He could've been like Cody G and went out and banged and got knocked out. But no, he won instead.

MF budz

All Star
Daps
If four title defenses don't qualify for a rematch then what does? There's no excuse for him not to get a rematch when you consider the examples I mentioned in my previous post
Right if he was a Dana duck sucker he would have a rematch lined up. Was his performance Saturday good. No not by any means. But I'm not ready to say he's finished he just looked so out of it. No urgency to throw or anything. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. Hope he knocks out who ever he faces next then gets a title shot