UFC 298 On ESPN+ PPV [2/17 at 10 pm ET] “Y’all Must’ve Forgot II” (Alexander Volkanovski/Ilia Topuria)

Who Wins Saturday Night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ces1ne?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
the moment islam rung volks bell i prayed volk would be dumb & eager enough to try and get it back by jumping in with a killer like topuria for the quick turnaround.

him and dern had no business fighting tonight
Bruh, I understand what your saying from a fighters point of view, but why were u praying on Volks downfall??? Honest question :jbhmm:.
Less said about Dern the better, she’s a wash, only reason she’s there is bc of the cheeks, but she’s a buttaface, MMA has plenty of those lol

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Fukc this noise, he put Volk 6 feet under in 2 rounds. His striking is elite level.

Stop this "b-bb-but in boxing...." bullshyt.

He doesn't have boxing level hands....he put him to sleep after he hit his chest with jabs intended
For.his face lol

His striking is UFC elite level....ur whining doesn't change that.

Ces1ne?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
Biggest question after that fight is….does Volk get the immediate rematch bc of his dominance & what he’s done????? Every other “dominant” champ has gotten it (even Holloway vs Volk lol) :ohhh::jbhmm::yeshrug:.
BUT….When does the “immediate rematch” stop? Topuria has gone on record saying he doesn’t want to fight anyone in his division & wants to do champ vs champ in other weight classes. Can’t have cats like Makhachev & Topuria winning belts & not defending the belts in the weight class of the belt they won…..gotta be a stop to this nonsense

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hes a good boxer for a UFC Fighter lol.

He missed horribly on those first 3 punches unti he connected with Volk's chin...
Lol yea exactly, nobody who taught themselves in their 20s how to box by watching Canelo fights is an actual elite boxer.

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
Biggest question after that fight is….does Volk get the immediate rematch bc of his dominance
They gave Zhang an immediate rematch when Rose took her head off after she just got the title. She wasn't a dominant champion but she was unbeaten for a long time so I guess they counted it.

:yeshrug:

But UFC will do whatever they think will get the most dollars. Thing is, Alex needs to sit down and let his cracked cranium heal. But he's 35. Last guy who sat out was Henry Cejudo and he's lost his last 2 at 37.

profound

technique
Daps
Bruh, I understand what your saying from a fighters point of view, but why were u praying on Volks downfall??? Honest question :jbhmm:.
Less said about Dern the better, she’s a wash, only reason she’s there is bc of the cheeks, but she’s a buttaface, MMA has plenty of those lol

post covid i have roughly kept track of how fighters do when they return less than 6 months after being knocked out, since pre covid the norm was 6 months, but it all changed starting at endeavor and spiking after fight island.

similar to fighters who miss weight by 3-5 pounds, these fighters don’t do well overall, and i knew this.

so, “prayed” as in hoped. i hoped alexander would take the fight, since i planned to bet topuria anyway, but knew a quick return would make for a safe wager. there is no praying/hoping somebody loses in this instance, there is no usefulness in that, he is in control of his fate/knows himself and signed the contract. so my hope didnt put him any more in danger than he did himself.

ironically, dern was knocked out more recently, was a short notice replacement, is a lesser fighter, still didnt get finished, and arguably should have won her fight.

Ces1ne?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
They gave Zhang an immediate rematch when Rose took her head off after she just got the title. She wasn't a dominant champion but she was unbeaten for a long time so I guess they counted it.

:yeshrug:

But UFC will do whatever they think will get the most dollars. Thing is, Alex needs to sit down and let his cracked cranium heal. But he's 35. Last guy who sat out was Henry Cejudo and he's lost his last 2 at 37.
Bruh. Rose/Weili is no comparison to Volk losing this fight, neither of those broads were a dominant champ nor cleaned out a division like Volk did. NOW, What u said in the 2nd paragraph makes absolute sense. The UFC will do whatever is best for the dollars/viewers. Volk needs a break. No need for the 1st thought, besides that you’re right :cheers::handshake::cheers:

Daps