UFC FN Chile [5/19] “Prospect Proving Ground” (Usman/Maia, Grasso/Suarez)

Who Wins Saturday Night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I didn’t know Alexa was gonna get smoked like that. Suarez trains around my area. What an unfortunate turn of events for Maia. I like Usman :ehh:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Pretty bad fight card

Grasso needs a better camp. She looked clueless grappling
Maia came in on short notice but he’s washed. Anybody with cardio and defensive wrestling will win. Usman doesn’t match up well with Woodley at all. Give him the Till/Thompson winner
Cannonier looks to be a bust. I wonder if the UFC will give him another shot
Machedo needs to be in Invicta so badly. She is green as fukk. But she’s cute so they will let her flame out before that
Botello, Luque, Benítez, and Pantajo shined well. Everything else was forgettable or straight shyt

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
Pretty bad fight card

Grasso needs a better camp. She looked clueless grappling
Maia came in on short notice but he’s washed. Anybody with cardio and defensive wrestling will win. Usman doesn’t match up well with Woodley at all. Give him the Till/Thompson winner
Cannonier looks to be a bust. I wonder if the UFC will give him another shot
Machedo needs to be in Invicta so badly. She is green as fukk. But she’s cute so they will let her flame out before that
Botello, Luque, Benítez, and Pantajo shined well. Everything else was forgettable or straight shyt
5 pages only for a UFC FN.. do they really necessarily need to do this many events..?

Grasso really got smoked.. great job by her opponent though. She knows Grasso's a great striker and just cut her off completely and immediately. She looked nearly clueless in that position.

That Main Event was.. well I was impressed with how well Usman defended all takedowns, but this was the second time we saw what happens when someone has an answer for Maia's takedowns and submission attempts.. then it's basically done. Usman fought very disciplined, didn't take any crazy risks and won, relatively, easily. Why do you think he does not match up well with Woodley? They're both strikers who can dominate on the ground

I could see that becoming a boring chess match though.. and T-Woodley could win on points and we'd all be bored out of our minds, the crowd would be booing and Dana would verbally backhand Woodley. We've been there before. IF somehow Covington wins, I'd want to see that fight. Dudes got beef anyway and the lead up would be filled with trash and it would set the winner up for an (interim) title fight (I don't think it's ok that Covington got an interim shot that fast. It's because he's raunchy and has a big mouth = people follow him = UFC think he can sell tickets. How is he ranked above Usman?

UFC really needs to dump these interim titles, they should just set a period of 1 year and within that year a champ has to defend or forfeit. Then they have the option to say that if he's hurt, that there can be an interim title IF it looks like the champ won't be back in that year OR they can just say 'regardless of injuries, it has to be defended or forfeited within 1 year' (which probably makes the UFC way more exciting for us fans.. do I really want to see a T-Woodley match after 1 year? No. Because his fights have become very boring period and we have to wait for him to finally fight.. but I'm not hype at all. He's way better at the analyst job and more exciting in doing analysis than at fighting. An Interim Title gives him more time and it doesn't give us a real champion)