UFC screwed Cat Zigano pretty bad over her career.

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
She was #1 ranked and had alredy defeated Miesha when Cat got injured so they gave Cat's spot as a TUF coach and her title shot to Miesha Tate which Miesha blew.

Then after Miesha gets a match against Holms over Cat somehow... they dont let Cat fight Miesha for the belt.
Cat is ranked #3 (after Ronda #2, and former champ Holms #1) but despite this they skip over her to let Miesha fight the #4 ranked Nunes at UFC 200 but as insult to injury they put Cat on the card fighting Pena, while 2 ppl she already beat have a championship match.
:francis:

But they have Cat fight the #5 which can only hurt her, cause winning does nothing for her as she is already supposed to be up for a title shot unless Holms is healthy or Ronda returns.

So... she loses to Pena (the #5) and cause Miesha loses to the #4... now the rankings look something like this:

Nunes (C)
Holmes (former champ hasnt got a rematch)
Ronda (former champ hasnt got a rematch)
Miesha (former champ hasnt got a rematch)
Pena (beat Cat)
(whoever was #6)
Cat

:mjlol: They screwed her terribly.
She wont be in contention for a belt for maybe 2 years, and thats if she wins her next 3 matches..

Daps
Reppin
NULL
She didn't get screwed

She blew out her knee, miesha stepped in for that fight

Beat nunes

Then got submitted by Rhonda in 18 seconds then she just lost to pena
Ronda BROKE her soul and she took a self-imposed hiatus to find herself again in Thailand...Then she came back and fought a stupid fight versus Pena...

She was much stronger than Pena and a better striker, why she chose to wrestle herself out of good positions is plain dumb as she tweeted...

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
She would have have a shot if she beat Pena. But shes weird. Like I said in another thread, she has mental hurdles that prevents her from living up to her potential. THe one fight a year thing is not helpful

notPsychosiz

Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
If the Champion is to defend the title, the #1 & #2 fighters (Holmes/Ronda) are on leave do to injury/recoup Its unacceptable that the #3 fighter (Cat) is skipped over for the tittle shot in favor of the #4 fighter (Nunes).

The only way thats fine is if the #3 fighter isn't ready or able. But when she is the highest ranked person available to fight for the title in that weight class and is placed on the same card as the Champion but skipped over to let the #4 person fight for the belt... thats textbook Screwed.

The UFC screwed her, cause the only thing that could of happened was she could of lost and went down in rank or won and stayed in the exact same place. A win against #5 (Pena) doesn't move her up to 2 past Ronda or 1 past Holms... so there was no upside to that fight for her.

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If the Champion is to defend the title, the #1 & #2 fighters (Holmes/Ronda) are on leave do to injury/recoup Its unacceptable that the #3 fighter (Cat) is skipped over for the tittle shot in favor of the #4 fighter (Nunes).

The only way thats fine is if the #3 fighter isn't ready or able. But when she is the highest ranked person available to fight for the title in that weight class and is placed on the same card as the Champion but skipped over to let the #4 person fight for the belt... thats textbook Screwed.

The UFC screwed her, cause the only thing that could of happened was she could of lost and went down in rank or won and stayed in the exact same place. A win against #5 (Pena) doesn't move her up to 2 past Ronda or 1 past Holms... so there was no upside to that fight for her.

She lost. You don't deserve a rematch after losing in less than one minute to the current champion. Rankings do not work that way. Nunes was winning fights and creating a streak. Cat was coming off an awful loss. When you lose a title match you go to the back of the line unless you're the champion (which is dubious in and of itself) or your loss was highly controversial and unconvincing.

notPsychosiz

Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
She lost. You don't deserve a rematch after losing in less than one minute to the current champion. Rankings do not work that way. Nunes was winning fights and creating a streak. Cat was coming off an awful loss. When you lose a title match you go to the back of the line unless you're the champion (which is dubious in and of itself) or your loss was highly controversial and unconvincing.

She had already beaten Miesha AND Nunes. :dead:

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
She had already beaten Miesha AND Nunes. :dead:

So what? She fukking lost, and both Miesha and Nunes went on big streaks since losing to Zingano. Miesha won the belt, and beat the person who beat the dominant champ. You have absolutely no idea how this sport works. YOU DO NOT GET BY ON STALE YEARS OLD ACCOMPLISHMENTS. Your recent wins and recent losses matter far more than anything, and that's the way it should be otherwise the same 3 or four people would be fighting for the belt forever even in instances when they're not the best fighters at the time.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
I mean, I could see an issue if Miesha fought like, the 12th ranked opponent or something (Are there even 12 women in that division? :troll:) but it's cool to have SOME leniency breh. The 4th ranked girl, considering all the recent wins and loses of all opponents, is fair game to me.

I feel like Holly Holmes (:lolbron:) had a better argument to get a rematch than Cat did to get this fight.

notPsychosiz

Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
I mean, I could see an issue if Miesha fought like, the 12th ranked opponent or something (Are there even 12 women in that division? :troll:) but it's cool to have SOME leniency breh. The 4th ranked girl, considering all the recent wins and loses of all opponents, is fair game to me.

I feel like Holly Holmes (:lolbron:) had a better argument to get a rematch than Cat did to get this fight.
Yeah Holms is above her in line but she's out on injury/recuperating (same as Ronda).