Reppin
Toronto

I mean listen to this shyt

It's basically rap music on HGH

- The lyricism is crazy
- The accents are sinister
- The flows are wavy - they can ride any beat
- You can dance to it
- The beats are incredible - Pop Smoke gave yall a taste but Axl aint even all that compared to M1, Ghosty, Sapphire, X10 and some others
- The slang / lingo is slick and makes for great wordplay (especially if youre from the UK/Toronto)
- The versatility is great - they make violent songs , love songs, reflective songs
- Cherry on top is they actually live what they talk about unfortunately.

Its a shame that almost all of the goats are locked up.

LD
CB
PS
Reekz
SJ
Kay-O
Loski
Suspect
Mizormac

I wish the UK brehs pushed it more. fukk having one thread, yall shoulda been shoving it down our throats pause

@Roberto Firmino
@Lord Beasley
@Kitsch

3SJ ⭕ :mjcry:

Last edited:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

- The lyricism is crazy
- You can dance to it
- The beats are incredible - Pop Smoke gave yall a taste but Axl aint even all that compared to M1, Ghosty, Sapphire, X10 and some others
- The slang / lingo is slick and makes for great wordplay (especially if youre from the UK/Toronto)
- The versatility is great - they make violent songs , love songs, reflective songs

LD
CB
PS
Reekz
SJ
Kay-O
Loski
Suspect
Mizormac

I wish the UK brehs pushed it more. fukk having one thread, yall shoulda been shoving it down our throats pause

@Roberto Firmino
@Lord Beasley
@Kitsch

For a second I thought SJ was out. Wow.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
For a second I thought SJ was out. Wow.
if only. the actor is good though. i hope it means he has a project coming (similar to CB) cause hes been on quite a few tracks lately.

the freestyle was crazy though! my favourite fumez since the PS joint

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
I'm from the UK and I can't stand the shyt :yeshrug:

I'll give it it's props though they the only ones that legit crossed over major in other countries but it's not for me.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I'm from the UK and I can't stand the shyt :yeshrug:

I'll give it it's props though they the only ones that legit crossed over major in other countries but it's not for me.
what cant you stand about it?
as a hip hop purist, its probably the best form of rap since the G-Unit/Dipset/DBlock days for me lol

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
what cant you stand about it?
as a hip hop purist, its probably the best form of rap since the G-Unit/Dipset/DBlock days for me lol

I basically disagree with most the stuff in you OP :pachaha:

The beats are very samey to me, a lot of them have similar drum patterns, bass hi hat skipping etc
I genuinely can't barely tell who is supposed to be good cause they all use the same flows/pockets and don't really be saying much to me.

It might just be an age thing though I grew up in a different era of UK music,
If I was young I would probably be banging the shyt so maybe I'm just on some old man yelling at cloud shyt.

I know your not young but it's probably your first real exposure to UK music so it will sound more fresh to you I guess.

Last edited:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I basically disagree with most the stuff in you OP :pachaha:

The beats are very samey to me, a lot of them have similar drum patterns, bass hi hat skipping etc
I genuinely can barely tell who is supposed to be good cause they all use the same flows/pockets and don't really be saying much to me.

If I was young I would probably be banging the shyt so maybe I'm just on some old man yelling at cloud shyt.

I know your not young but it's probably your first real exposure to UK music so it will sound more fresh to you I guess.
i wont front like i listened to a ton of UK music.

One dude I really need to go back and listen to is Skepta but i used to listen to Dizzee and Wiley back in high school (late 2000s). To me UK drill fuses the grime very well with the Chicago drill music (particularly Ghosty/M1), thats what I like so much about it. Example below:

That's basically Chicago Drill with UK accents - a beat very reminiscent of Young Chop. But then it the grime infusion came later with Sapphire/M1

I generally gravitate heavy to very dark music though so I am biased

Last edited:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
@DapMeUp!

who fukkin with this nikka in the last 5 years rap wise. :ohlawd:

Maybe Lil Baby could spit with him, nobody else lol

gho3st

plata or plomo
Bushed
Daps
Reppin

- The lyricism is crazy
- You can dance to it

LD
CB
PS
Reekz
SJ
Kay-O
Loski
Suspect
Mizormac

@Roberto Firmino
@Lord Beasley
@Kitsch

UK Rap has been spanking US Rap for a mn now.

Jayou Ayen

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The East Bay
I basically disagree with most the stuff in you OP

I genuinely can barely tell who is supposed to be good cause they all use the same flows/pockets and don't really be saying much to me.

He said the accent is sinister.
:pachaha:

The BasedFather

Task Force
Daps
Reppin
Bltch Mob
giphy.gif
Gotta be from the UK saying this

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
I think it was at it's peak like 3-4 years ago, highs were so high. Sucks Trident had them nuking videos. A lot of dope shyt gone.