Unpopular Opinion: ODB was arguably the best in the WU

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
see title

You telling me Shimmy Shimmy isn’t better than most Wu records and that’s just one

The most traditional rapper in the Wu

Utilized Pop music the best Ghetto Superstar, Fantasy, Baby I got your money

Drunken flow most akin to a kung fu style

Most unique and arguably hardest - Brooklyn Zoo

I could go on ...

In another post I will ...

That’s my opinion :yeshrug::manny::patrice::jbhmm::sas2:
He wasn't the best rapper out of the group, per se, but he's my favorite

Clan members would mention how they wrote rhymes for him but I've also seen interviews(I think it was that last short documentary on youtube) where they were saying he was the best rapper. The phrase "we call him ODB because there's no father to his style rings true"

I remember in my early twenties hearing say "Ason, I keep planets in orbit" and thinking :mindblown:
I was in DC at the time and this Five Percenter cat broke that line down even more for me and I was :wow:

I can't remember exactly the details of the breakdown though

also "introducing-yo fukk that nikka's name" :heh: :heh: :heh:

I've listened to Return to the 36 more than any other Wu solo project outside of Ironman :manny:

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
He wasn't the best rapper out of the group, per se, but he's my favorite

Clan members would mention how they wrote rhymes for him but I've also seen interviews(I think it was that last short documentary on youtube) where they were saying he was the best rapper. The phrase "we call him ODB because there's no father to his style rings true"

I remember in my early twenties hearing say "Ason, I keep planets in orbit" and thinking :mindblown:
I was in DC at the time and this Five Percenter cat broke that line down even more for me and I was :wow:

I can't remember exactly the details of the breakdown though

also "introducing-yo fukk that nikka's name" :heh: :heh: :heh:

I've listened to Return to the 36 more than any other Wu solo project outside of Ironman :manny:
Beak the line down for us the way the way the 5% brother broke it down

Brolic Scholar

Licensed Text Technician
Daps
Reppin
Unknown Side Effects
Best technical skills: GZA

Best flow: Method Man

Most street credibility: Raekwon

Best content: Ghostface

Most pop breakout potential: ODB

Best Lyricist: Inspektah Deck (EASILY)

Fun fact: ODB used the same verse on 3 different tracks on his debut album. He just performed it differently each time.

ig88

Bounty Hunter
Daps
Reppin
Intergalactic
Might be the most influential rapper in the wu.

Guys like odb took rap to another stratosphere of popular.

His dna is all over hip hop today.

His music is deep in ways others isnt. Odb sneaks some deep political commentary in his shyt right next to the coke/liquor raps.

He was the soul of the wu for sure. So many of their post death songs could turn Into all time joints with a lil odb

When hes on noone is higher. That i know.

I think people give cuban linx liquid swords and ironman props overs return and tical cuz they have more substance. Odb was pure everything else tho.

Last edited: