Up to 25% of meterologists DONT believe in the Liberal climate change conspiracy..

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
What does your weatherman think about climate change? | Marketplace.org
President Obama is sitting down with eight weather people today—from NBC’s Al Roker to local forecasters—to promote the National Climate Assessment. That’s the new report that shows climate change is affecting all areas of the country and economy.

That makes sense; many Americans trust their local weathermen for all things weather.

Ed Maibach, director of George Mason University’s Center for Climate Change Communication, says Obama is smart to use weather people to promote the National Climate Assessment. “Unlike climate scientists, they already have the eyes and ears of the American people,” he says.

According to his research, many meteorologists are climate skeptics. “While almost all of them understand that the climate is changing,” he says, “they’re not all necessarily convinced that human activity is driving the change.”

And some don’t even go that far. Among the most prominent of the unpersuaded is Joe b*stardi. He spent much of his career at Accuweather and is now chief meteorologist at WeatherBell.com. He goes on shows like Fox’s The O’Reilly Factor often to dispute climate science.

“The weather was far worse in this country in the 30s, 40s, and 50s,” b*stardi says. “In the end, I think this is much ado about nothing. I think it will wind up on the ash heap of history.”

According to Maibach’s research, a full quarter of TV weather people said they don’t believe climate change is happening, in the most recent survey in 2010. About an equal number said they weren’t sure.

Some may be skeptical because they see how often their computer models don’t produce accurate short-term forecasts.

“They translate some of that into having some concerns about using the similar kinds of models to project the climate out for many, many years,” says Keith Seitter, executive director of The American Meteorological Society, which supports the President’s report.

Obama is now trying to get more TV weather people who believe the long-range forecast to spread the word.

Featured in: Marketplace for Tuesday May 6, 2014

So given the fact that a LARGE percentage of meterologists don't believe in the man made climate change theory, what do you all think? Are all these meterologists (which includes Weather channel founder John coleman) anti-science luddites?

What say you?

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
The cause and effect just isnt proven.

If i believe all the stats

Yes the world is warming
Yes the carbon is increasing
Yes caps are melting
Yes weather is changing

But find me a REAL...SCIENTIFIC METHOD connection between those things...not CONSENSUS...not THEORY...not belief....SCIENTIFIC FACT...and i'll listen.

I could easily say

Yes earth is warming
Yes caps are melting
Yes the internet is getting faster by the day
Yes weather is changing

And i can show you graph after graph showing the rate of internet use and speed in the same direction as global temp...it DOES NOT prove a connection.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
why is climate change a liberal conspiracy

what do they have to gain from it
OP will say power but then ignore/rationalize egregious, Constitutional right violating power grabs by the right like the Patriot Act or the Latino witch hunt in Arizona.

Why are people so afraid of thinking for themselves, and willing to give their minds and power to groups like the Democrats and Republicans

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
78326984.jpg

Doesn't believe is climate change :krs:

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans

tmonster

Superstar
Daps
I see op and raise him this Alabama Supreme Court Chief Justice who believes the 1st amendment only applies to Christians

Q553onY.png
your turn