UPDATE: NOW ON SOUNDCLOUD Jay-Z, Rakim, Mobb Deep, Black Star, Lauryn Hill + Aretha OG samples)

djfilthyrich

All Star
Daps
I0daC7L.jpg

I'm excited to announce that I've partnered with the world's leading sample I.D. website, WhoSampled.com to bring you my Hip Hop Tribute To Aretha Franklin. Many know her as the 'Queen Of Soul', but may not realize that she could also be considered the Queen of Hip Hop Samples, with her music being used in hundreds of songs. This is not meant to be a compilation of her greatest hits....Instead, I've compiled some of my favorite hip hop tracks that sampled her music, while incorporating Aretha's original work, as well as my own custom blends, flips, & edits.

UPDATE (now on Soundcloud for the ppl blocked on Mixcloud):

TRACKLIST
Rock Steady + I'm Housin (EPMD)
Think + Gas Face (3rd Bass) [Filthy Rich blend]
It's Your Thing (feat. T La Rock) [Filthy Rich blend]
Here We Go Again (ft Rakim) [Filthy Rich blend]
A Rose Is Still A Rose (ft Lauryn Hill) [Filthy Rich blend]
Cry Like A Baby + Ultimate Rush (Saukrates & Heltah Skeltah) [Filthy Rich blend]
Call Me + Selfish (Kanye West)
You Are My Sunshine + Drop A Gem On Em (Mobb Deep) [Filthy Rich RMX]
I Get High + My Crew Can't Go For That (Trigger Tha Gambler) + Joy (Black Star) [Filthy Rich blend]
One Step Ahead + Ms Fat Booty (Mos Def) [Filthy Rich RMX]
A Song For You + Rise & Fall (Nas) + Last Dayz (Onyx)
You Already Knew - Black Star (sampled 'Mister Spain')
Oh Me Oh My + 'Aretha' (Prod by Pete Rock) ft 2Pac [Filthy Rich blend]
The Long And Winding Road + Runnin All My Life (Biggie & Pharoahe Monch) [Filthy Rich blend]
Spirit In The Dark + School Spirit (Kanye West)
Young Gifted and Black + Yes Y'all (Heavy D)
Oh Baby + In My Lifetime (Jay-Z)
Thru The Fire - Jon B & Scarface (sampled 'Precious Memories')
Day Dreaming + Daydreamin (Cam'ron) [Filthy Rich blend]

LISTEN HERE:

A Hip Hop Tribute to Aretha Franklin mixed by DJ Filthy Rich

This is one of the tracks on the mixtape:

And if you missed my Tribute to Craig Mack, which features an unreleased track from 1994 + exclusive blends + rare tracks, you can check it out here:

@Nighthawk @TL15 @King Napz @ArchStanton @MoveAround @premier58 @Smokee Robinson @revan @bobbiewishbone @Xtz23 @chiefdogg @Oldirtyb*stard
@ItsTimJackson @mrjoncampbell @Wallychamp @Deoji @Tactical @quezlofresh @KravenMorehead™ @HiiiPower

Last edited:

djfilthyrich

All Star
Daps
I can't get this shyt to play
It's not playing for me

Damn...I've heard this from a few ppl right now in the U.S. Unfortunately, part of my deal in partnering with WhoSampled.com was to let them be the exclusive provider of the mix for a period of 1 month. Then I'm allowed to upload it myself. I'm going to contact them, and see if they will be ok with providing a solution for all of the blocked ppl.
In the meantime, you can try a few things. Using a VPN might help (there's free VPM apps/extensions you can download).