*Update* Whole Arrest Video - Sandra Bland.Murdered By Police In Texas Jail - Claiming Its A Suicide

Medicate

Old School New School Need To Learn Though
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
@Raedawn07 @MarsPunka

670.jpg

A Woman Is Dead in a Texas Jail Cell, and the Black Community Wants to Know #WhatHappenedToSandraBland - Atlanta Blackstar

Thought I'd start a thread on this in yall section......The brother in the video really dropping some gems on this story and the sister's family members in the other video opening up about this.....and they're already trying to bring up their usual justification narratives..........

What happened to Sandra Bland? Why was this Black woman arrested by police, and why did she die in a Texas jail cell? There are far more questions than answers.

On July 9, the Naperville, Ill. woman drove to Texas to begin her new job at Prairie View A&M University, the historically Black institution and her alma mater. The next day, the 28-year-old was stopped by police near campus, allegedly for improperly signaling during a lane change. She was arrested for allegedly assaulting a police officer and taken into custody by a Texas state trooper.

On July 13, Bland was found dead in a Waller County jail cell. The Waller County Sheriff’s Office said the 28-year-old woman died “from what appears to be self-inflicted asphyxiation,” as NBC News reported, calling it a “tragic incident.”

Sandra Bland

We do not know what happened in the jail cell, though Sandra Bland’s family and others in the Black community do not believe that she committed suicide. However, her traffic stop and arrest were caught on video by a bystander. As WLS-TV in Chicago reported, the video shows police on top of Brand, with several officers subduing her as she tells them, “You just slammed my head into the ground. Do you not even care about that? I can’t even hear!”

“He pulled her out of the car, forced her and tossed her to the ground, knee to the neck, and arrested her,” said Bland’s friend, Malcolm Jackson.

As the police arrest her, Bland is heard saying repeatedly, “You slammed me into the ground and everything.” An officer on the video tells the bystander to leave.

The Texas Rangers are investigating the jailhouse death. Meanwhile, Black Twitter is speaking out, just as Sandra Bland often took to social media to speak out against police brutality and its impact on Black lives. #SandraBland is trending on Twitter, with people also using the hashtags #WhatHappenedToSandraBland and #JusticeForSandy.

Below are some Twitter responses to Sandra Bland’s suspicious death.

For those who wonder why Black people are angry, it is because of the countless cases where the police stop us, and we wind up dead—in the street, in the patrol car or police wagon, or like Sandra Bland, in a jail cell. From the days of the slave patrols, this is the history of Black people and their encounters with the cops.

We still don’t fully know the details surrounding the death of Sandra Bland, but what is known is that white women are not sat upon by police officers, and they do not die in police custody.

Last edited:

Medicate

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I've been seeing this story all over news station, no way this woman killed herself

This story is so wicked, I've tagged folks throughout sites all over trying to stay updated...I'm definitely sure this was a murder, but the yarn they're already spinning is disgusting......

If you all get updates be fore me, just go ahead and alter the thread how you please, if I'm not on.....also make it a sticky in this section, if its possible.....

Medicate

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Family of Sandra Bland Has Ordered Independent Autopsy

The family of Sandra Bland, the 28-year-old woman whose body was found in a Texas jail three days after she was arrested, has ordered an independent autopsy as questions about how she died remain unanswered.

"We want to understand how it is that this kind of played out and what will end up ultimately being the cause of death," family attorney Cannon Lambert told ABC News.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
This is just one of many. :stopitslime: Once we get the autopsy, what happens then? Same thing as Eric Garner?

I'm legit pissed and I don't know what to do because the system is unjust. I can't trust the system to make things right. They'll do just enough, the absolute minimum.

My people are still being lynched this time by people in uniform.

Medicate

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
This is just one of many. :stopitslime: Once we get the autopsy, what happens then? Same thing as Eric Garner?

I'm legit pissed and I don't know what to do because the system is unjust. I can't trust the system to make things right. They'll do just enough, the absolute minimum.

My people are still being lynched this time by people in uniform.

I lost hope in the "system" a long ass time ago.......We need a self defense force and our own land. Amerikkka is done.....

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
As I said in another thread, the autopsy will be inconclusive and the cops are going to get off due to lack of proof. No point acting surprised when we eventually get the "no indictment" or "not guilty" news. At most the cop will get fired or something, but it's very unlikely that any cop will go to jail.

So the question is, what to do about it. I honestly don't know, but we have to think of something besides just more marching. :francis: