US fan shows up to John Lennon's doorstep in the UK just to ask a question

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
Firstly, I am not a big fan of the Beatles and I personally don't care for John Lennon's woman-beating ass but this is honestly interesting to see the lengths some fans will go to search for meaning in their favorite artist's music

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Still not as bad as Beyonce stans.
c08b74b7da894d25da0d3cb927e73e76.png

Daps
It's powerful that Lennon went out there and just talked to the guy. I respect that.

This definitely wasn’t his worst fan interaction.

Yeah, that is kinda trippy. Going outside and talking to these crazy fools may have been what caused him to meet his early demise.

Daps
I don't think it's powerful, it's foolish.

In hindsight, yeah. But I can also see it from the point of... this guy who is obviously going through a lot of trouble in his life has decided to make John his North star. He truly believes that if he can just find out the deeper meaning behind John's words that it can help him. He had really attached himself to figuring out the meaning behind those words so that he could understand the meaning of his life. John could have ignored him, had security cart him away. But he realized that he could help that young man by telling him that his obsession wasn't healthy and he had to let it go. Then he invited him in for dinner.

That's powerful, man.

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
In hindsight, yeah. But I can also see it from the point of... this guy who is obviously going through a lot of trouble in his life has decided to make John his North star. He truly believes that if he can just find out the deeper meaning behind John's words that it can help him. He had really attached himself to figuring out the meaning behind those words so that he could understand the meaning of his life. John could have ignored him, had security cart him away. But he realized that he could help that young man by telling him that his obsession wasn't healthy and he had to let it go. Then he invited him in for dinner.

That's powerful, man.

He could have also helped out more people by saying the same message on TV, magazine interviews and public press releases.

He has the power of mass media at his hands

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Firstly, I am not a big fan of the Beatles and I personally don't care for John Lennon's woman-beating ass but this is honestly interesting to see the lengths some fans will go to search for meaning in their favorite artist's music

John Lennon beat woman?

getmoney310cpt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Compton CA/Rosecrans Ave
It’s weird seeing a “superstar” have humility like that to carry a convo with a “fan” and also invite the fan in for a bite to eat after asking if he was hungry..

No A lister today would do this and would have they security guard assault you while avoiding eye contact and not saying a word to you