US hospitals are so overloaded that one ER called 911 on itself

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
I didn't say the flu vaccine was 100% safe, but it's been around since 1945 which is exactly 75 years longer than any COVID vaccine has been available.
There is trial and error involved. There is double blind testing involved. There is proctoring. None of that happened with the COVID series of vaccines.
And while I did get the initial two doses, I don't have the right to govern what other people do with their bodies. Their children's bodies. That in itself is a selfish position.
Nonsense. That isn't selfish. That's being responsible.​

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Well it wouldn’t be an issue if they dropped the vaccination mandate for health care workers. They shot themselves in the foot requiring it and let thousands of health care workers walk out the door. This is the result of that.

This is total cap. States with mandates were reporting around 2% of employees who were unvaccinated without a waiver before the mandates even took affect. People getting fired for lack of vaccination isn't even a tenth of the issue.

And there's zero reason to throw on the cape for idiots who refuse to vaccinate for a highly infectious disease while working with vulnerable populations.

they're worn out after covid and it makes sense that they would be. when covid started there were nurses with decades of experiences saying they've never seen so much death in a week or month compared to 10-20 years on the job. even soldiers get R&R to decompress after some time experiencing war because it messes with a persons psyche. these nurses probably had only a month vacation before they had to go back to the job again. too many of them have probably decided the job wasn't worth their mental health. perhaps it was the workload too. we have a shortage of medical professionals in this country thats why we rely on draining other countries of their professionals.

This is the actual answer, we already had shortages, and then were way overloaded due to Covid (and idiots who didn't want to vaccinate, mask, or socially distance), and then had workload and stress-related mass resignations that far outpaces anti-vaxxers.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
its so unnerving hearing a chorus of people groan in pain or see so many frail people in one place.

Go to a 3rd-world ER, where all the ER beds are in the same room, they have maybe 1 health care worker for every 5 beds and people are dying right there in the ER cause they don't have trauma space anywhere else to move them.

I had to take my daughter to the ER in a middle-income country and watched two people die including a kid just in the time I was in there with her, talked for a while with the father of another kid who was pretty clearly going to die.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
It’s flu season :mjlol:

Only 4,400 hospital visits in the entire country were due to flu in the last week. That's 88 hospitalizations per state. No way that can drive overcrowding by itself.

Flu season typically only leads to overcrowded hospitals in its absolute top peak week of the winter.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
There's anti-vax people who are skeptical of all vaccines and there are people like myself who believe that unless you're apart of a compromised group it's pretty pointless.
this is narcissism, the vaccines help to also reduce the spread of viruses. don't let perfect be the enemy of the good.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
Do you know how long clinical trials take? They take 4-7 years. .
It took that long in the 1950's. In 2020, technology and Internet communication made that time unnecessary. It used to take several weeks to get from NYC to LA on a horse and buggy, now look.

Why are you using Anti-Vaxxer arguments that have been refuted?​

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I didn't say the flu vaccine was 100% safe, but it's been around since 1945 which is exactly 75 years longer than any COVID vaccine has been available. There is trial and error involved. There is double blind testing involved. There is proctoring. None of that happened with the COVID series of vaccines.

And while I did get the initial two doses, I don't have the right to govern what other people do with their bodies. Their children's bodies. That in itself is a selfish position.
covid is the most researched virus/disease on the planet.

you seem more concerned about spike proteins in vaccines than covid w/ spike proteins. covid is demonstrably something to be more concerned about than the vaccine.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I didn't say states. I said Canada where the healthcare vax rate was about 77%. They let go of a ton of people who refused the vaccine.

Do you have proof the numbers are any different in Canada?

British Columbia has 286,300 people employed in the health care sector. So 2,500 fired workers is 0.9%. Obviously, returning less than 1% of your workers is not going to fix understaffing.

Same story across the USA. Hospital systems lost less than 1% of their workers to vaccine refusal. But you want to claim that Canadians are more anti-vax than Americans are?

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Yes...I'm a complete narcissist for not pretending to give a fukk about the population at large like some of ya'll do. We live in a world where people will film you dying on camera instead of helping you, but oh wait let's feign concern over a vaccine.
yeah people were pretending to give a fukk about folks when they were getting the smallpox, measles and polio vaccine. :rudy:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
There is trial and error involved. There is double blind testing involved. There is proctoring. None of that happened with the COVID series of vaccines.

This is nonsense.

The covid vaccines underwent the same sorts of vaccine trials that other vaccines go through, including double-blind testing. The only difference was that they didn't do additional trials to determine ideal dosages for adults (but they did do dosage trials for kids), because once they had proven the dosages they used were safe and effective they rolled with those.

Not only that a risky vaccine that offers very little protection.
we need to accept that COVID is endemic and until they can produce a properly trialed and universally recognized safe vaccine people are going to have reservations.

This is more nonsense. The vaccine was properly trialed, and with the misinformation out there (examples here) no Covid vaccine will ever be recognized as "universally safe". It's not a "risky vaccine that offers very little protection", that's total cap. It's as safe as other vaccines and its offered 90-95% protection against hospitalization and death.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
It took less time to fly from NYC to LA in the 60's than it does now...but oh wait...

Because I've taken the vaccine. Had adverse reactions from it, and I don't trust it. But since that didn't effect you, I should just be quiet about it?
No, but parroting debunked Anti-Vaxxer talking points doesn't help keep ANYONE healthy at all.​