US prison system proposes total social media ban for inmates, sparking First Amendment concerns

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
I wonder if we have any current inmates posting here on the coli.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Uhhh... What? Conceptually, violating your social contract comes with a penalty of slavery. Sheriffs and slave catchers wore the same badge. You joking or uninformed, breh?

:dwillhuh:

Being convicted of a high level offense literally means you are stripped of your rights and dignity in this society. It's always been that way. The only amendment stopping that is cruel and unusual punishment. Limiting your access to the outside world while being imprisoned is not exactly unusual.
You said this like this is how things should be or something. :scust:

and where does it say private citizens still get to profit off these slaves? Why does the money go to private prison owners instead of to the state or their next of kin? The amendment didn't make any concessions for private individuals to still own slaves. And yet we have privately owned prisons

Last edited:

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
Hold up. Prisoners can't even talk on the phone like that, but they're supposed to be able to tweet and post on social media?! :wtf::dwillhuh::dahell:

Some persnickety needs to be added to this situation....:patrice:. :demonic: activity seems to be afoot

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
do you think taking communication access away from prisoners will increase the the abuses that occur in prisons or decrease them?

Idk I'm just asking a simple question because isnt them having free and open communications a no no in jail?!? All I want is clarification on that :dahell:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Idk I'm just asking a simple question because isnt them having free and open communications a no no in jail?!? All I want is clarification on that :dahell:

I assume the access they have to communication have authorized times for use and limits to account for other prisoners use within that controlled timeframe.

Fiji Water

Every moment is an opportunity
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
You said this like this is how things should be or something. :scust:

and where does it say private citizens still get to profit off these slaves? Why does the money go to private prison owners instead of to the state or their next of kin? The amendment didn't make any concessions for private individuals to still own slaves. And yet we have privately owned prisons
Don't project. I never said anything to indicate I agree with the system. But I would be a fool to be blind to it. As would you.

And most of your questions can be answered by the violence inherent in any capitalist organization/nation and reinforced by the 10th amendment of the US constitution which is states rights. Incarceration is big business. You wanna talk about it without making me the face of it? Cool. Let's talk.

Fiji Water

Every moment is an opportunity
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

I assume the access they have to communication have authorized times for use and limits to account for other prisoners use within that controlled timeframe.

It's america. You can always buy anything, anywhere... in any way you have/need to.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Don't project. I never said anything to indicate I agree with the system. But I would be a fool to be blind to it. As would you.

And most of your questions can be answered by the violence inherent in any capitalist organization/nation and reinforced by the 10th amendment of the US constitution which is states rights. Incarceration is big business. You wanna talk about it without making me the face of it? Cool. Let's talk.
So to sum up...
You quoted a post of mine criticizing the way things are.
by stating essentially welp thats how things are.
and now you're trying to say i would be fool to not be aware how things are.

What exactly do you want to talk about?
Actually nevermind, negged